Half-Blood Hill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Homecoming ((Open to Second Cohort)) ((PG-13 just in case))

Go down

The Homecoming ((Open to Second Cohort)) ((PG-13 just in case)) Empty The Homecoming ((Open to Second Cohort)) ((PG-13 just in case))

Post by Guest Sat May 04, 2013 4:31 am

Felix Faukesius entered the Barracks of the Second Cohort at Camp Jupiter 2.0 and smiled. It was good to be back.

For the past few months, Felix had been out in the real world, testing himself like a true Roman to see if he had what it took to survive out there in the big, bad world. He'd fought a few monsters, met a couple of rogue Demigods in Chicago, and nearly been caught by the police numerous times. After all, even in America, a nearly 15 year old roaming the streets wasn't entirely normal and he hadn't quite perfected a backstory. So mainly he'd kept himself to himself and fought off as many of the blasted Hellhounds as he could.

Still, nothing compared to Camp Jupiter.

His warm bed. Wilhelm being obnoxious as ever with his boyfriend. The Greeks milling around outside. And, most importantly, Seph. It had struck him somewhere around Chicago that he hadn't warned her that he was leaving. With it being such a spontaneous decision, he simply got up and left, with no note. He'd wondered if she still remembered him, loved him, or if she'd moved on and found a new boyfriend for the vast majority of his time away. He'd lie there in the street at night when he was unable to sleep, remembering her smile. After a while, he'd decided he was sick of it and so he used what little money he had and prayed to his father, Mercury, to send him back to Camp Jupiter. And, after a fashion, his prayer had been answered; he safely made his way back to New York through a series of favours for a lifts or money. He'd frighten away thugs with the new unshaven look he'd accquired, he'd haul overflowing bins around for people, he'd do anything he could to get money to take a bus or train to the next place. Then, sure enough, he earned enough money to get a taxi in New York to take him to 3.141 Farm Road, Long Island, so he could be back in his warm bed. As soon as he arrived he figured that security was more relaxed as there were Greeks and Romans being civil at the gates to Camp Jupiter 2.0, and wondered if that meant Wilhelm's tyranny was over. He slipped through the crowd to the Barracks and entered, breathing in the smell of sweat and deodorant that indicated a lad's dormitory.

It was good to be back.

Back to top Go down

The Homecoming ((Open to Second Cohort)) ((PG-13 just in case)) Empty Re: The Homecoming ((Open to Second Cohort)) ((PG-13 just in case))

Post by Guest Mon May 06, 2013 5:35 pm

The gates were wide open with only a few guards out today, this left Landon with a weird feeling. Things really had changed allot since when they had first gotten here. Where the gates would be locked and most Roman demigods were on high alert. Where people went to bed armed (most still do) and slept with one eye open. They do say retrospect is 20/20, he thought. The Romans knew now that the Greeks weren't a threat to them. That all of them were together in this crazy world. Landon didn't have a problem with most Greeks. As far as Landon was concerned the children of Hades were his enemy (not Pluto), their father and his undead army were the ones that destroyed his home. These were the thoughts that ran in the Roman demigod's mind as he came back from the Greek camp. He had a handful of strawberries in one hand, and a book in the other. Landon had spent most of the day like he spent most, eatting the fruits of the camp and reading in a nice shady spot. In the strawberry field is where Landon felt the most clam, it was there he did most of his thinking.

Landon flashed his SPQR tattoo to the solider on guard, with this he was allowed entrance into the camp. We might be becoming a little too lax here. I mean how hard would it really be to just walk in? He thought this as he nodded to the younger guard and continued his walk. Landon just walked around camp, seeing a few of his friends and nodding. He didn't really pay attention to where he was walking (all rodes lead to Rome right?), he soon found himself at the Barracks. Landon walked in and went to his bed, he tossed his book on the ground and slid it under his bed. He wasn't worried about someone taking his book, most people had learned not to mess with his stuff. Especially after how bad it had been last time. Landon laid down on his bed and closed his eyes. He was having a relatively good day, well that was before someone walked into the room. He heard someone enter and peaked, what he saw made his jump. He saw what looked like a dirty street hobo. Landon knew this couldn't be a new recruit (Luna would never send someone looking like this), and he knew most of the people in Camp Jupiter. He definitely knew everyone in his Cohort.

Landon looked at the other Romans faces, no one knew who this kid was. In the second the new kid had been in the room. Landon could see the tattoo on the boys arm, and saw the way he held himself. He was obviously Roman, but that didn't matter. Landon being the oldest in the room got up. He walked out from the bunk beds so he could get a good clear look at the kid. There was still 10 feet separating the two but Landon could tell he had a couple of inches on the kid in front of him. "Who are you, and why are you here" he asked rather harshly. Landon really didn't like outsiders in his cohort's barrack. Landon knew that his weapons were both hanging off of his bedpost and within grabbing distance. Just in case this went south he was ready to fight. He waited for the reply.

((Sorry it's a little egghhh this is the first RP i've done in sometime Razz))

Back to top Go down

The Homecoming ((Open to Second Cohort)) ((PG-13 just in case)) Empty Re: The Homecoming ((Open to Second Cohort)) ((PG-13 just in case))

Post by Guest Tue May 07, 2013 1:51 pm

Almost immediately, the glorious moment of homecoming was shattered by the older lad with swishy dark hair that was slgihtly reminiscent of an early Bieber and a muscular physique, probably from training. From the look of him, he'd fight with a sword. Maybe a son of Ares, or Bacchus. He stood in front of he Centurion, rather rudely inquiring who he was and why he was there. Mixed emotion flew through his brain, from outrage at a member of his own Cohort addressing him thus to grudging respect that he was obviously protecting his peers from outsiders. Despite these emotions, a grin broke onto his face and a small laugh escaped his lips. He dumped his rucksack on the floor and put his hand on the young man's shoulder, even though it meant reaching up slightly. "Bro," he began, "despite my looking a little worse for wear, I could still kick your ass nine ways to Sunday. Otherwise, Fortuna wouldn't have made me into your Centurion." He winked and removed his hand from the guy's shoulder.

"Felix Faukesius, in case you haven't heard of me." He kicked his rucksack under his bed. "Son of Mercury Pervicax, Centurion of the Second Cohort, slayer of Hellhounds, child of Rome, descendant of Syphax Faukesius, and overall legend." A grin slipped onto his face; he liked that, he should use it more often when introducing himself. He felt like on of the heroes from the myths, stating all their titles to try to scare the opponent. "But I like you. You could be my Optio." He smirked. "Optio. Fun word, that. Oh, and by the way, I look like this because I've just spent a few months out in the real world, fighting monsters and all that. I'm sorry for leaving you guys, I truly am..." A soft sigh escaped his lips before he continued, "But sometimes a son of Mercury just has to, you know, travel. After all, it is kind of Dad's thing."

Felix gazed around him at the neat, military style cleanliness of the Barrack. He felt a little guilt at the probable fact that he would make a huge mess with all his clothes, but mentally gave a shrug; he was sort of the boss, so he could probably get away with it if the place didn't get too bad. Immediately, the thought of gaining information on the goings on around Camp almost gave him goosebumps. He'd missed his comrades, and wanted to hear what had been going on, and so the logical thing to do was simply to ask. "But please do tell me..." He fell back onto his bottom bunk of the nearest bed, then sat up. "What has become of my beloved Fulminata? What's changed in politics? Romance? Who's died? Who's fighting with who these days? I want to hear everything, if that's okay with you."

((Dirty street hobo XD))

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 07, 2013 7:31 pm

Landon looked at the boy and sized him up. He couldn't quite place it but he look familiar, but he dismissed that thought. He didn't want to be bothered by more thoughts now. He still focused on the boy in front of him. The unknown Roman did two things that made Landon was to bash his face in. He grinned at Landon and then insulted him. The unknown kid identified himself as the 2nds Cohort. But as far as Landon knew that dead beat loser had left after finding out he was a centurion. That was several months ago. The Centurion put his hand on Landon's sholder, it took all of his will power not to smack the hand away and attack this child. His heartbeat was up, and blood was starting to rush to his head. Who in all of the underworld does this kid think he is? I swear by the gods this kid so much as lays another finger on me, i'll.... i'll beat him! Landon's fist were both balled ready to strike, there were only two things that kept Landon from going for a punch. Those were, what if the kid really was a centurion, and what if he is armed? Both were bad. If the kid was a Centurion and Landon struck him, the political repercussions alone would be bad enough. Landon was not one to be easily angered, but this kid had come into HIS cohort and started this. Even if he was the centurion, he left. He couldn't just reappear and do this!

"Felix Faukesius, in case you haven't heard of me. Son of Mercury Pervicax, Centurion of the Second Cohort, slayer of Hellhounds, child of Rome, descendant of Syphax Faukesius, and overall legend." The anger only built inside Landon. He had known the name of the Centurion. It was Felix. What Landon looked at made him sick. This wasn't a proud strong warrior, this was a well a hobo. A kid trying to talk himself up. The kid walked away from him. Landon looked him over once again. He couldn't believe of everyone in the whole cohort, this little kid was their leader. Landon wasn't paying attention to what the kid was saying now. He was busy thinking about the "new" centurion getting him and his cohort killed in battle. He only caught the last bit of what he was saying. He exploded, "your SORRY for leaving. SORRY? By the gods, you are the centurion of a whole cohort. You were the leader that was supposed to guide us, how do you think a group of people works without an official leader? You can't just up and disappear! For crying out loud what is wrong with you!?" Landon slammed his fist down onto the banister of one of the bunk beds. The centurion leaving had caused a lot of trouble and annoyance for Landon, and he was finally getting to meet the guy who screwed him and all of the older romans who had to take care of the 2nd Cohort.

Felix then flopped down onto his bed and started asking about the latest news. Landon set his eyes on him, and sat down with a exasperated sigh. If this.... this KID is going to be my leader, might as well have a semi-informed leader. That way he might not walk us into straight death. The annoyance showed clearly on his face, as if he were talking to a child who was having a hard time understanding. "Whatever, I can't even." He just gave up, he just didn't even care anymore. He made a gesture like 'go on' as he spoke "When did you leave camp, so how know how big of a window to have to fill you in on.

((Sorry had to cut it a bit short, I have to finish my hw soon.))

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 08, 2013 1:26 pm

The man's reaction to Felix's titling made him feel a little taken aback. As his anger became phsyical, the Centurion stepped back a little. Maybe he was wrong about the nine ways to Sunday thing. "Sweet Jupiter, chill!" He felt his heart race with fear and blinked a couple of times. As he stepped back he'd grabbed onto the side of the bed and gold began to spread from his fingertips. That hadn't happened in a while, but the tingle began once more and he removed his hand from the rail, murmuring a curse in Latin as the gold slightly faded away. He shuddered a little and, speaking quickly, replied, "Well, with my father being Mercury and all, it's kind of hard for us to stay in once place, so I up and left. We travel, it's what we do. Besides, what's the point in all this training if we don't get the chance to prove ourselves? It's pointless, especially if we don't get out into the real world, and I refuse to be one of the people who die in Camp."[/color] He sighed, trying to restore his breathing to it usual rate. This guy could be pretty scary when he wanted to. So scary, in fact, that Felix hadn't bothered making snide comment about how he shouldn't have to repeat himself as he normally would. This was serious business.

Felix realised that if he was to lead the Second Cohort properly, he'd need to gain the respect of all his soldiers. Otherwise, he wouldn't be good enough as a leader, which would let down his Cohort and his family's name; he was exceptionally proud of both. The unit had to be strong, like a Hydra, forever changing but still working together, growing each time a part was destroyed, otherwise they'd fall apart in battle, and quarrel, and bicker, and he couldn't let that happen, so he figured he should try to make this guy his ally, especially as without the current Centurion he had a feeling this guy would make a pretty good leader. As he thought this, he mind a mental reminder to try and get on this guy's good side; a worthy task after their introduction going a little sour.

With almost a resigned sigh as though he'd given up, the young man asked when Felix had left, which led to a pause. He thought back to when he'd left. "Well, we got announced as Centurions on the Feast of Fortuna, and soon after that we had the Senate meeting where they got rid of Wilhelm, so I guess it was soon after that whole fiasco finished." Another pause, before he added, "Yeah, that's right, it was a couple of nights after that. So, since the removal of Wilhelm from power, what's gone on? Oh, and also, do we have a new Oracle yet since Wilhelm died?" The latter question was necessary, as the Oracle was an important part of Roman tradition; after all, they were nothing without the gods, and the Oracle was like a channel of communication to them. Without an Oracle, although Felix was sorry to admit it, the camp were lost. After a thought, he asked, "Also, what's your name? I should probably get to know my Cohort, as I guess we've expanded."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down