Half-Blood Hill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Returning and leaving thread

+21
Charlie Fairley
Ana Larive
Emilia Song-Caro
Violet Clarke
Nicola Delton
Max Farraday
Flint Solus
Robyn Walsh
Olivia Serenity Steele
Naomi Brooks
Ruby Chen
Sarpedon Illicon
Myka Galanis
Calla Torquatus
Mia Ioannou
Jack Emmanual-Wheelan
Vanessa Monroe
Elijah Emmanual-Wheelan
Will Solace
Cara
Adelaide Reid
25 posters

Page 29 of 41 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 35 ... 41  Next

Go down

Returning and leaving thread - Page 29 Empty Re: Returning and leaving thread

Post by Guest Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:14 am

Okay, everyone, here's the thing: I've made post after post about how hard I'm going to try to come back to this site, but it never happens. Sure, I'll come back for a few days or--if I'm lucky--weeks at a time, but I've never fully made the commitment to come back to stay. I've never been able to bring myself to leave you guys, and a big reason for that is because, even when I haven't been posting, I'm almost always checking threads and seeing what you all are up to around here. It's comforting somehow, maybe just because I've been here for so long.

The truth of the matter, though, is that I've lost interest in RPing my characters. I'm not sure if it's the characters themselves or the setting or just the fact that I've been doing this for quite some time now, but something is keeping my interest away. That's why I kind of want to ask you guys: What do you think I could do to fix this? Something that I've been considering is making a new character (probably to replace Isabelle, but I might also just change her a little bit to make her more interesting instead of switching her altogether). Any other suggestions are welcome, because I'd really love to be active around here again. <3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:20 pm

Well, you know I had a massive break. I was the same as you, I lost interest, but I couldn't bring myself to completely leave, 'cause I love you guys.

One day, I missed it, got some inspiration and decided to ditch May and start over completely. I feel loads better now that I have Jo, and I try and visit a couple of times a week. I limit how many threads I'm in, so I don't feel bogged down and start procrastinating.

So maybe you could do that? Or maybe get an interesting new plot that's completely different to anything else you've done before.

But maybe what you really need is a break. And then inspiration will come back soon Smile

Good luck~

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:47 am

Heyo! I'm Alex and I'm returning! I've made accounts before but always felt left out because I never played Demigods. This time I'm going mainstream! Also you should check me out on DA shameless advertising? You betcha! Akarisoma.deviantart.com. Anyways I'm going to give the hippie speech and say "We should all be friends." Because I'm an awesome person and we SHOULD be friends.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:22 am

Heya Alex! Who did you used to play?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:42 pm

Syneffo a pegasus. I could only hold limited convos

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:42 pm

Lol okay, I understand why. Good look making a character with the capacity to hold longer convos! Which is a demigod, I'm assuming

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:32 am

Or a Cyclops... Those work too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:48 am

Jo Wormwood wrote:Well, you know I had a massive break. I was the same as you, I lost interest, but I couldn't bring myself to completely leave, 'cause I love you guys.

One day, I missed it, got some inspiration and decided to ditch May and start over completely. I feel loads better now that I have Jo, and I try and visit a couple of times a week. I limit how many threads I'm in, so I don't feel bogged down and start procrastinating.

So maybe you could do that? Or maybe get an interesting new plot that's completely different to anything else you've done before.

But maybe what you really need is a break. And then inspiration will come back soon Smile

Good luck~
Thank you so much for helping me out! I've for sure considered switching characters altogether, but at the same time I'm not totally sure I want to "give up" on either of my characters, you know? It's nearly 1 AM so that probably makes zero sense and I apologize.

And about the break: I see how that would be helpful, haha. However, I feel like I've already taken a break--in a way. I mean, sure, I'll visit the site from time to time and maybe even make an OOC post, but I haven't been RPing. 

But really, thank you. This really and truly was helpful.

I'll think about my options some more. A big reason why I'm so on the fence about switching characters is because a while back, I was told that I couldn't switch anymore. Those weren't the exact words and I don't remember the conditions under which I was told this, either (it had something to do with the fact that I switched quite often?).

I'll come to something, though. I just need that inspiration! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:24 pm

Hey guys i know it's like november and its almost been a month for my dissapearance here. But i am back now. I will be replying to any threads people want to continue and i am open for new plot requests. As of now I should be back permanently but I am unsure whether that will be for sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:43 pm

Ahh, glad to see other people returning as well! I hope this site will again become as active as it once was.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:51 pm

Hey guys!
So I've been MIA for a little while, and I feel the need to explain. I don't have internet access as of right now for complicated reasons, and I don't know when I'll be getting it back.
Soon, hopefully.
Anyways, just wanted to let you know.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:30 am

Alright, so, RL is overwhelming me right now. I don't have much free time, and when I do I'm too tired to do anything RP-wise.
So, while I was unofficially gone for a while, now I'm making it official.
Replies are going to be waaaay slowed, and I'll try to find the muse/time when I can. Until then, I just can't right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:12 pm

Hey all, 

...I genuinely think I am going to explode quite soon.

I currently have Mock Examinations, Science ISA Exams, and have to walk through a school in which the only thing that people lower down in the school are currently concerned about is the new Doctor Who thing tomorrow and their "ridiculous" amount of homework that is literally 1/10th the amount of my own whilst I am genuinely losing all hope in my future and my life in general. All of this has crudely resulted in a complete lack of sanity within me. All of which results in it being impossible for me to indulge myself in the experience any social endeavours / entertainment / have a life in general.

Add on top of this the fact that my level of stress has sky rocketed. So much so that even the slightest things (such as leaving my door open or not having all of my work aligned perfectly and in an organised position on my work desk), is causing me to just want to curl up into a ball and cry and throw my work around my room and just give up.

What I'm trying to say, guys, is that I have reached my tolerance capacity. And when I reach that level of tolerance capacity, or go over it, I explode into a horrific rage that not even Lord of the Rings movies can quench. I mean, I get stressed about one exam, never mind one in every single subject over one week in full exam conditions.

Like, I am so freaking stressed out right now and I just feel like my life is slipping through my fingers and I just can't cope with this. I can't even describe the feeling properly. It's like I have no control of my own life, and control is something I consider as the most important thing in my life. I feel like I am morphing in to some form of educationally coordinated robot.

RPing just doesn't fit into my equation of life right now. The added pressure I have of having to "post ____ times a month/year" etc, will literally tip me over the edge that I am so close to falling off, and thus cast me unreservedly into a void of mental instability. I don't want that. And I doubt many of you could blame me for not wanting that.

Some of you might think this is a bit of an overreaction, I mean, they aren't the real exams, right? But I view each exam I take as a matter of, you HAVE to do well. (And believe me, at my school, anything below an A is usually frowned upon by my sets.) I have this need to try and impress my parents and get a grade that I personally view as good and will be happy with.

I know it might be over the top, but I just can't do this right now.
I love this website and all, but I'm just so ridiculously busy and the work load is crushing me.

And I personally would rather keep my sanity than my RP characters.

- But I am not leaving as such, you just won't be seeing a lot of me in the next several months. (I will reply to RPs when I can, but don't expect much more than that.) I am afraid that I am also going to have to close my Graphics Shop as I just can't run it any more. I can barely manage to make graphics of my own accord (for my own entertainment) these days, never mind requests.

I just feel I owe you all an explanation before I just vanish, rather than just disappearing of the website with no reasoning. 
So yes, I love this site, it has helped me improve as a writer beyond my own comprehension, and I just hope that this isn't goodbye for good. 
I really do owe a lot to HBH. I really do.

Wishing you all the best, as ever, 

- Ben. <3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:49 pm

I for one understand you more than ever.  The stress of homework added with the obligation to post regularly is rather supernatural to me at the moment as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Reid Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:36 pm

I think most of us can relate to an extent (especially the older members on here), we have to face this demon at some point in our lives and Ben, I know you'll vanquish. Sometimes after going through that much stress, people go their own way with their lives starting out and RPing isn't practical enough to continue as a hobby... maybe once you get through this it will fit into the equation of your life and maybe it won't, but whatever happens, it's okay. This website is supposed to be something that's fun, but the post count and keeping up with threads can make unnecessary stress and with everything going on right now, you don't need that kind of stress.
I just want you to know that we're all very supportive and I really want you to get over this bump in the road (even though I have no doubts that you will). Just know that we're here with open arms if you're ready to come back later, or if you can't, I would really miss you and it'd be nice if you send me a facebook message every now and again.

Good luck <3
Love you! :]
Adelaide Reid
Adelaide Reid
Huntress
Daughter of Hades
Cabin Leader

Female Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-11-25

http://thehungergames.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:14 pm

I know how you feel. Just think of what's on the other side of the exams. Sweet, sweet freedom. And Christmas. Good luck bro.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:49 am

Hey guys!
Sorry disappearing.... having a crazy busy time lately and been ill and stuff..

Off work today because I apparently have a virua that im allergic to? So I've basically come out from head to toe in hives and look like I've been rolling in nettles. So sore and itchy.

But yeah I'm not exactly expecting to be brilliantly active for a while...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:33 am

Abigail Winters wrote:Hey guys!
Sorry disappearing.... having a crazy busy time lately and been ill and stuff..

Off work today because I apparently have a virua that im allergic to? So I've basically come out from head to toe in hives and look like I've been rolling in nettles. So sore and itchy.

But yeah I'm not exactly expecting to be brilliantly active for a while...
It wasn't a virus.... just an allergic reaction.....

So... um....I nearly died yesterday. Ended up in hospital (though they discharched me the same day)..
On the road to recovery now... but it may be some time before im back to the site... I don't think I have an awful lot of muse or energy for writing right now (actually I don't have an awful lot of energy for anything atm)... I'll try and keep you all updated though.... I really do live this site and everyone on it so im definitely not leaving for good...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:54 pm

okay, only mildly scared for you -is terrified- glad you're okay though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:03 am

Well. The last few weeks have been....eventful to say the least. 

I'm finished with my Mock Exams and my ISA exams and I think they went well...I hope. o.o 
The only one I'm really nervous about is the Non-Calculator paper for Maths. Other than that I think I did okay. 
Unfortunately we received the news that someone in my year group at school sadly passed away last Thursday (we were told straight after our Physics exam, and everyone was in a state of shock and people were crying and it was just horrible.) We had a memorial assembly, and generally mourned his death. Yesterday we released balloons and stuff all in his name so yeah, that was nice. For the last two weeks my emotions have just been all over the place, from stress to sadness and just asfgasgglkg - indescribable emotions.

But it has all finally calmed down now. The Christmas Holiday has started and I think I'm ready to come back now!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:03 am

Well. The last few weeks have been....eventful to say the least. 

I'm finished with my Mock Exams and my ISA exams and I think they went well...I hope. o.o 
The only one I'm really nervous about is the Non-Calculator paper for Maths. Other than that I think I did okay. 
Unfortunately we received the news that someone in my year group at school sadly passed away last Thursday (we were told straight after our Physics exam, and everyone was in a state of shock and people were crying and it was just horrible.) We had a memorial assembly, and generally mourned his death. Yesterday we released balloons and stuff all in his name so yeah, that was nice. For the last two weeks my emotions have just been all over the place, from stress to sadness and just asfgasgglkg - indescribable emotions.

But it has all finally calmed down now. The Christmas Holiday has started and I think I'm ready to come back now!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:18 am

I'm really sorry about your late schoolmate. Condolences to his family and loved ones and RIP my friend.

Glad to have you back, Hades! good job on surviving those exams and tests.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:03 am

I'm sorry, Hades, but it's awesome to have you back!
On a similar note, classes were cancelled today so my break has started as well.
So I should be getting much more active now :3

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Emmanual-Wheelan Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:57 am

Hey all!

First of all, I'm currently jobless, so I'll be around a lot more again. Hopefully that means replies and such.

Second of all, for those of you who don't know, Sara, the genius behind River Halvorson and Jack Wheelan is my best best friend in the whole world. And she's going to be here visiting again! She gets in today and leaves January 10th, so no work, but I'll still be pretty scarce for the next two weeks. I'm sure there'll be times when we're just relaxing and watching movies and stuff where I can get on, and I promise we'll be doing some vlogs for you.

Love!
Elijah Emmanual-Wheelan
Elijah Emmanual-Wheelan
Admin
Son of Discordia Ferocimus
Third Cohort
Praetor

Male Number of posts : 2481
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:28 pm

HELLO!

This is normally the time of the year when I say "oh, hey, I have school next semester (tomorrow), so I gotta go, see you in the summer," but, due to some lovely work opportunities that involve credit for school in the fall, I'm not enrolled at the moment, and I *think* I'll have a lighter schedule that I do during the school year, so I'm here 'til August! Smile

So, newbies (and older members, too), hit me up for posts? I got a Roman and a Greek, and three semesters' worth of writing to make up for!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 41 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 35 ... 41  Next