Half-Blood Hill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where's the Suggestion Thread?!

+3
Olivia Serenity Steele
Molione Timoleon
Mia Ioannou
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Where's the Suggestion Thread?! Empty Where's the Suggestion Thread?!

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:54 pm

I didn't see a topic made for suggestions and I have one so I made a suggestion thread. Staff, feel free to delete this thread if you prefer not to have any suggestions made from members of this site.

Introducing Andrea Johnson's Suggestion!
You know how in the movie they showed the campers having class when Percy just arrived? And you know how HP RPGs have RP topics for classes such as Potions? I suggest we should have class RPs. In HP RPGs you earn house points and you have to complete homework, too, which makes it fun since it's a competition. However, I don't know how we'd make it more like that here. Comments?

Back to top Go down

Where's the Suggestion Thread?! Empty Re: Where's the Suggestion Thread?!

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:20 pm

It would be so cool to have classes! Though, how would we decide who taught and who were the students?

Do the satyrs teach, or older demi-gods?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Ioannou Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:44 pm

That does sound really epic -nodnod-
Mia Ioannou
Mia Ioannou
Daughter of Jupiter Unitio
First Cohort

Female Number of posts : 1435
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:25 pm

I'm thinking older demigods( who's been here 6months+, with good RP skills) since we don't really have satyrs. Maybe an advanced class and a newbie class?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:47 pm

Oooo Andrea i love your idea, I say we should do it! .. I also agree with the older demigod thing, although with the few satyrs we have they could maybe teach too?

Back to top Go down

Post by Molione Timoleon Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:16 pm

SATYRS NEED LOVE TOO!!! DDDDD:

Diego Aspen would be available to help, if Moli wasn't a failcase. Speaking of Moli, though, she would be a hilarious teacher. "So you go like this, and then do this motion *makes wiggly arms while holding ax* and then you go HAAAAAAAAAAI-YAH!" *slashes randomly, missing the practice dummy* "Oops."

But I kind of like this idea. And having a suggestion thread. I'll talk to Thalia. :3
Molione Timoleon
Molione Timoleon
Admin
Daughter of Apollo

Female Number of posts : 1463
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:22 pm

I also like the idea! It gives the campers something to do, other than train all the time. And it's an easy way to roleplay more. (; I think the older campers should teach, considering the amount of satyrs, and it'll possibly help them become more...attached (for lack of a better word) to new campers. It'll make them a bit friendlier. Not saying they're not friendly or anything.....but if you were a veteran of something, wouldn't you get annoyed or something with newbies? -mutters to self- I give up. I don't know how to explain myself without wording it strangely. XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:33 pm

Nah, that makes a lot of sense. There are better chances for the veterans and newbies to form relationships whether good or bad. Yeah, I like the idea. xD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:46 am

I really like the idea Smile I just have a question about when you can be called a veteran XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:13 am

Just sayin' I'd be totally up to teaching [: I think that'll be a fun idea.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:15 am

I would be too that's why am asking when you're seen as a veteran XD I've been here for just over a year and Angel is 16, so is that good or not???

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:19 am

I think over a year would be fine XD However I suppose we shouldn't start up with any real solid ideas until it's been approved by Thalia and Moli [:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:58 am

lol okay, thanks for clearing that up XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:18 pm

Is this going to happen? I think Sam could use some training!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:36 am

My guess is probably characters who have been here over two years, one year being the advanced class. As to when the actual person who is RPing that character... No clue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:37 am

SFTDP - Referring to Angel saying Angel is 16
Doesn't really matter what age, rather how long your char has been here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:51 am

Uhmmm... Is this actually going ahead, or what?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:51 am

Considering the date of the posts before you, not at the moment. Once the demi-god bad has been lifted, however, options of training newbies may (most likely, I'd hope) become avaliable to you. In the semi recent past, there have been "mentorship" threads, so I see no pragmatic reason as to why this idea won't work.

To recap: It might happen at a later date.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:15 pm

hi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:18 pm

Hi Destiny!
I can see you're a new member of this site, so I'd like to direct you towards the Rules Thread in this section, and remind you of the 5-word-rule, which says that each post must contain five words.
Hope you have fun here and you send in your character sheet soon!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:01 am

Ok, so my suggestion is this:

You said we're having the RP Competition to introduce people to others and to break down barriers.

When you said 'RP Competition' my brain immediately leapt to this: On EH, there used to be these competitions called 'Improvs'. You weren't really competing against each other; you were competing against the rules.

The rules were as follows:

- Everyone signs up, as always.

- People are split into groups of two and three.

- Each group is assigned a set of rules and a prompt. For instance: "Dinny and Gwen are eating at the Winter Barbeque, when Dinny runs out of ketchup. But the only ketchup she can see is the one on Gwen's table. Each post must be at least 200 words, and Dinny must include a different word for 'yellow' while Gwen uses different words for 'green'. If you have twenty posts by blah blah blah date, you win!'

- Each group is assigned a 'God'. What a 'God' does is simply pop into a thread every four or six replies and add a new rule or add to the prompt. For instance: 'Dinny's spell causes Gwen's book to set aflame!' or 'Okay, now, Dinny and Gwen switch colors' or even 'New Rule: You now have to include a line from a Disney character in each post.'

Anyway, I think those were all the rules.

I can honestly say this was the most fun I have ever had as an RPer. I don't know what I'm suggesting, but the next time you organize a competition, maybe it could be like this? I don't know what you'd use for prizes... EH just gave out little trophy things to keep in our inventory. Perhaps a banner?

And the best thing is that the Staff members can participate, of course, but the jobs of 'God' and such can easily be passed to any other willing member.

I can understand if you don't think it would work for HBH, but, honestly, it's amazing~

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:26 am

Suggestion...

I realised (yesterday) that our HBH has no actual infirmary. It is mentioned often enough but might it not be fun if you could actually RP in the infirmary??

Just saying it might be a nice idea Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:34 am

I do believe that the infirmary is part of the Big House.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:09 pm

i have a suggestion but first let me say this site would be awesome if there was 3-D side/part of it.

i think there should competions or tournaments and 2 players rp and after sometime someone mabye a mod or staff would choose the winner by who rpd the best.(by tournaments i mean like fights and stuff) also may nnot be a good idea but hey.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:15 pm

I personally disagree, Zayne. RP sites are awesome to me becuase they require a little imagination to see what happens, thus making this a breeding ground for creativity. add in the 3-d, and this place suddenly becomes one big video game. I'm not hating on your idea so much as saying that I prefer it the way it is, and why. plus, making it 3-d is, as far as I know, nearly impossible on a forum. just my ops there.

on your second one, I honestly have no opinion as of now, and will have to give it later.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next