Half-Blood Hill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions Thread

+15
Katie Dorden
Flint Solus
Calla Torquatus
Olivia Serenity Steele
Naomi Brooks
Elijah Emmanual-Wheelan
Will Solace
Wyatt Walton
Ronnie Riley
Adelaide Reid
Diego Aspen
Thalia Grace
Cara
Molione Timoleon
Mia Ioannou
19 posters

Page 26 of 35 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 30 ... 35  Next

Go down

Questions Thread - Page 26 Empty Re: Questions Thread

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:30 pm

How can I stop receiving emails?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:32 pm

If you go to the topic you don't want to be notified of just go to the bottom of the page look on the bottom right under the page numbers and click stop watching this topic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:40 pm

Elisabeth Neige wrote:Ok, thanks for replying! Can we start our own if we'd like just for like a few campers or something?

I don't think so. Again, sorry.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:35 am

Ok, quick question. I was claimed by Iris, and she gave me a bracelet that turns into a shield. Do I make up what the design on the shield is? If there is, for example, a rainbow on the shield??

Thank you so much!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:26 am

If no picture was included of the shield you can make your own design, so to speak.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:57 am

Thomas Kirtley wrote:Okay, Half Blood Hill. I have YET ANOTHER question for you guys.

I honestly only just thought of this, because I was thinking to myself what I doubted was allowed in the making of weapons (I tend to debate with myself on that when offline, being Cabin 9), and figured making a weapon like Backbiter is not allowed, but then I had that this idea pop into my head. Say I was to make a wrist blade weapon. Go ahead, Google what I'm talking about, along with Diablo 2's Assasin character class, while you're at it, so you can get a clear(er) picture. Now, take the ones that resemble Wolverine's claws rather well, with the three blades. Is it possible to make a single weapon with multiple metals ((like, say, Imperial Gold, Celestial Bronze, Stygian Iron and Mortal Steel. Depends on the requestee's preferred combination)), if I was to have one metal for each blade? I'm not talking fusing the three metals into one blade like Luke's sword Backbiter, I mean each of the three blades are each made from a different metal, and then are merely placed onto the same... whatever it is that you call the thing on the wrist that actually holds the blades in place, like, one IG blade, one CB blade, and one SI blade. Is this allowed? Now, if there are only certain combos allowed, like, say, no IG CB combos, or, SI and CB are for Greek Underworld charries only while IG and SI are for Roman Underworld charries, or no MS at all, just specify that. If the combinations aren't allowed at all, I'm (mostly) cool (mostly because I thought of a plot idea involving this idea and some symbolism and stuffs) and before you ask concerning the wrist blades, no, unlike Wolverine's claws, they don't retract. These are the ordinary wrist blades. Well, as ordinary as weapons made with godly weapons can get, but they have no magic properties beyond those any blade of a particular metal ((Stygian Iron drinks monster essence, Imperial Gold explodes when broken, et cetera))

And on another note, while we're talking about it, are weapons made like Backbiter allowed as well? No, I honestly don't expect a yes here on this the second question, but I thought I may as well ask the question while we're on the subject.

And as a final note, thanks for answering my question, and sorry if question one was rather rambley. This is what happens when I think of a question while I'm offline, and feel the need to write it down lest I forget it.

Sorry if this is rude, but I never did get a yes or no or any kind of answer here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cara Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:31 am

Any specialized weapon must be approved by a Staff Member. And even then there's SLIM chance it will be approved.

So my verdict is a no.

Cara
Admin

Female Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:48 pm

So, I know there's no such thing as a stupid question, but it still feels dumb.

if a charrie is old enough, is it possible for them to get a job in Mannie so that they can be on both sides of the border? and if so, how old do they need to be?

-merely curious-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:57 pm

I don't think any demigod is able to leave camp for any reason once the demigods have left to go to school. You'd probably have to get staff approval for that kind of plot, and i don't see that very promising.

just my thoughts. PM a mod if you want a quicker reply.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Emmanual-Wheelan Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:02 pm

Yar. It's not too likely that any demi could bounce between Mannie and upstate easily (there's at least 3-4 hours there, from the tip top point of the city to the lowest end of upstate). Add in the location of the job and the location of CHB, you'd be looking at a good 5-8ish hours there (I'm estimating here...and let's not even get into technicalities like traffic issues and stuff, yeah?)

I'm going to say that if we're looking at this realistically, it's a no.
Elijah Emmanual-Wheelan
Elijah Emmanual-Wheelan
Admin
Son of Discordia Ferocimus
Third Cohort
Praetor

Male Number of posts : 2481
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:41 pm

Are there any particular restrictions or limitations on where Roman characters can post? It's been a while since I've used my Roman character, and I'm curious if anything has changed on this since I left.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Emmanual-Wheelan Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:05 pm

Romans are quite merrily free, these days! Have fun exploring!
Elijah Emmanual-Wheelan
Elijah Emmanual-Wheelan
Admin
Third Cohort
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:08 pm

Cool; thanks for the help!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:43 pm

Do we do the clay beads for the end of the summer at Camp Half-Blood since the Romans still get the SPQR tattoo?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:36 am

I can answer this for you! Okay, so, in a word: Yes. We're all-canon up until the end of PJO, so the beads are still A Thing. There aren't any 'official' bead designs for each year (yet?), though, so making them personal to your character would probably be your best bet at the moment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 05, 2013 12:30 pm

Question about the PM inbox. My inbox is currently only 88% full and I keep getting e-mails saying that I got a PM yet none will show up for me, Help?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 05, 2013 12:35 pm

Sounds like a forumotion issue, not an HBH one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 05, 2013 12:37 pm

Okay thank you, I just wanted to make sure. I'll try to click on the "free forum support" link on the bottom and go from there...

Back to top Go down

Post by Wyatt Walton Sun May 05, 2013 11:58 pm

I had a question about changing my character's description. When I wrote my charecter he was about 14 and since then he has gotten older and I would think taller. But when I go to change his description for some reason I can't edit it. I wanted to at least change his height to 5 foot 10 inches. How do I go about making these changes?
Wyatt Walton
Wyatt Walton
Son of Hephaestus
Cabin Leader

Male Number of posts : 775
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Emmanual-Wheelan Mon May 06, 2013 12:08 am

Wyatt, staff will have to make the edits for you! If you send the edited descriptions to one of us, we can fix it up for you! Make any edits necessary and feel free to send them my way (or anyone else's, but I think my life is the least hectic at the moment)!
Elijah Emmanual-Wheelan
Elijah Emmanual-Wheelan
Admin
Third Cohort
Praetor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2013 11:28 am

I was looking through the threads and then my whole screen zoomed out and I don't know how to zoom it back in

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2013 11:33 am

which browser do you use?

ctrl and +/- usually zooms in or out. you'll want to hold crtl and press -

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2013 11:34 am

Are you on a laptop or desktop?

On a laptop you should be able to use your thumb and pointer finger on your trackpad to zoom in out. Pinch to zoom in, push out to zoom out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2013 11:34 am

Firefox and than Graig it worked!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2013 11:35 am

that's only for newer laptops. my method is universal (for PC)

for a mac, you'd hold Command (apple key or weird squiggly thing) and then press -

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 35 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 30 ... 35  Next