Half-Blood Hill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A newbie guide to HBH

3 posters

Go down

A newbie guide to HBH Empty A newbie guide to HBH

Post by Guest Wed May 21, 2014 5:25 pm

Welcome to HBH! Now I'm guessing that you might feel a little lost and would like some help in finding your way, what things to do and perhaps a few questions. Well, most, if not all questions will be answered in here or have answers in one of the links. If not, please remember our lovely staff team is always ready to answer any questions you might have.

I just joined the site! What now?

Well, I'm going to presume this means you didn't get accepted just yet. If you have, you can skip this part.
The first thing you want to do is quickly read the rules. When you've done that, fill in the application and PM it to one of our Admins (Cara & Elijah) . After that it's just waiting for a while. In the mean time, feel free to browse and look around! 

I just got accepted!

Congratulations! Now, there are a few things you need to do in order to make sure everything runs smoothly. Naturally this includes reading the rules and probably taking a peek at the FAQ as well if you haven't done that yet. The other things you need to do are get yourself on a list or two. The most important for the demigods is probably the Greek Gods and their Children (or the Roman version for our Romans). This list is to keep track of the unclaimed ones to see who still needs to be claimed. Trust me when I say the staff checks that list so getting your name on there is an important step in getting claimed, which is of course something you probably want. 

In addition, the Romans should really post in the Cohort Sorting so that they get assigned a fancy cohort! It can help to know who you're bunked with after all.

You might also want to announce your arrival with a post in our Introductions thread.

Another thing you probably want to do is start a few open threads around the board to get your character going. Another option is going to the looking for RP's thread and posting in there to see if anybody wants to RP with you. Or, if you wish, you can look at the Plot Pages to see if you can get some plots going and even start your own plot page for people to post on! Activity is also important in getting claimed!

A lot of people seem to have these pretty pictures, how does that work?

Well we call them graphics! Now the most important thing is that you claim the face of your character. This is to avoid multiple people walking around looking exactly the same. We also have the portrayer help thread in case you can't seem to figure out who suits your character. When your face has been claimed, you can go to the graphics board where a bunch of artists have the so called graphic shops where you can request them to make one of those pretty graphics for you. If you need help in how to put them in your signature, there is a small tutorial here

Claimings, fancy weapons and demigod powers!

Now a bunch of this is covered in the FAQ but there are a few things I just want to put in here double. 
Most important things to get claimed consist of activity, making sure you're posted in children's list and show us a lot of your character so we can figure out which parent suits your character best. When you are claimed, please check out the Demigod powers list to see what your character can and cannot do. Fancy weapons might be given upon claiming and if not you can (with permission of the staff!!) get them made for a your character in a thread with one of the Hephaestus kids. 

Any further questions can be asked in our questions thread or asked to one of our lovely staff members privately. I hope this guide has helped you and we wish you a lot of fun here!

Who do I PM for what?

First of all, any questions not specifically mentioned below can go to any of the staff members but we ask that the matters mentioned below are directed to the staff member mentioned for it.

Admins (Cara & Elijah)
-The main go-tos (if you don’t know who to go to, you go to us)
-Every complaint and problem goes through us
-We are in charge of accepting ALL character applications
-Additionally, Elijah will be in charge of the E-mail account

Mia Ioannou
-In charge of IC/OOC boards
-Watching out for rule-breakers in both sub-boards
-All game suggestions for the Arcade should be PMed to her

Robert Browning
-In charge of Grammar/Activity lists
-If a member has a claiming suggestion, PM him.
-Gods/Goddesses, if you would like to claim a demigod, PM him.

Calla Torquatus
-In charge of Important Lists

Last edited by Robert Browning on Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:52 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Who to PM for what.)

Back to top Go down

A newbie guide to HBH Empty Re: A newbie guide to HBH

Post by Guest Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:59 pm

how do I PM someone? I need help on where to go.

Back to top Go down

Post by Calla Torquatus Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:05 pm

Bliss--
There's a button in the navigation bar underneath the banner.  "PM" is where you access your private messages.  From there, you can click "New PM" and type in the name of who you want to send it to.  I'll PM you to make sure you can find it Smile
~Jenn
Calla Torquatus
Calla Torquatus
Legacy of Mars Translaticius
Second Cohort
Centurion

Female Number of posts : 1240
Registration date : 2013-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:07 pm

There are three methods to do this:

Method A
Step 1: Click the username
Step 2: click "Contact" on their profile
Step 3: Click Private Message or PM
Step 4: Fill out message, title, and click send.

Method B:
Step 1: Click the PM button under a username, like you would, or at least, should, see under mine.
Step 2: See Method 1, Step 4

Method C:
Step 1: Open PM at the top of the screen
Step 2: Click "New PM"
Step 3: Same as step 4 of Method A, but you also need to type in the recipient of said private messages.

I believe that's all the methods to contact someone via PM. Any others, I have yet to hear of. Thank you for your time!

~Lita/Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:08 pm

SFTDP

Oh. Just noticed a Mod got to it, but didn't get the post loaded until... after... posting...

My bad. Sorry.

Back to top Go down

Post by River Spring Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:58 am

umm hi if u already have an oc that u made up can u keep the godly parent u picked? thanks
xxxxxxxx Smile
River Spring
River Spring
Unclaimed Greek Demigod

Female Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2016-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:29 pm

You don't get to pick your parent on here. You get claimed by staff just like everybody else. It's actually mentioned quite clearly in the registration part of the rules... I guess you read over it (:

Back to top Go down

Post by River Spring Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:46 pm

yes I scan read it was in a hurry also how do you get to the application cause I tried cliking on the word but I think the link is broken since it dident work (or im just stupid) Laughing Laughing Laughing
River Spring
River Spring
Unclaimed Greek Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by River Spring Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:49 pm

also can u use your own art as your avatar if I drew it my self for example
River Spring
River Spring
Unclaimed Greek Demigod

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Emmanual-Wheelan Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:24 pm

Hey RiverRunner!

First...it's definitely best to go through all the rules carefully.  A lot of questions are answered there.
The character application can be found right here!
Once you've filled it out, you can PM it to me or Cara.

You can indeed use your own work if you wish, and as long as it's appropriate.
Feel free to send any more questions my way, or any other staff member (me or our other admin Cara in red or mods in green).

Thanks,
Elijah
Elijah Emmanual-Wheelan
Elijah Emmanual-Wheelan
Admin
Son of Discordia Ferocimus
Third Cohort
Praetor

Male Number of posts : 2481
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Back to top Go down