Sanaa Makovskaya

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sanaa Makovskaya

Post by Sanaa Makovskaya on Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:32 pm

SANAA MAKOVSKAYA
she/her. unclaimed. roman. 18. single & gay.

Sanaa Makovskaya: Russian Circus Runaway & Sad Child™ Extraordinnaire.

Sanaa Makovskaya grew up in the underbelly of Saint Petersburg, Russia - if there even is one. Her mother was a drug addict with a heart of gold but not the mind of a parent and as such, their relationship, while willfully fond, was undeniably tumultuous and unstable from the start. Sanaa can't deny that her love for her mom is wrapped in at least a little resentment. It was her inaccessibility during Sanaa's childhood that forced Sanaa to forfeit her life for her mother's recovery; to grow up too fast and in all the wrong ways. So while Sanaa tried to deal with that, she was flunking her classes, finding no inspiration or aspirations, and being unable to make friends. After a confrontation with her teacher-turned-step-dad, Sanaa ran away to join the circus. She rose in the troupe's ranks very quickly and prospered as one of the best tightrope walkers the troupe had ever seen. She found herself a new family and tumbled headfirst into a relationship with another performer. All was well until she injured herself and had to take leave, reuniting with her former family in the process. Talking to her mom again and hearing the truth about her heritage made her believe that she was taking drugs once more so Sanaa returned to the circus and planned to take her mom with her. However, both her mom and step-dad were killed by a monster before she could and in the midst of her grief, Sanaa's trapeeze artist partner revealed their true colors as a cyclops. Now faced with hard evidence of the demigod world, Sanaa fled to the States where she and Lupa found each other. Lupa took her to Camp Jupiter and the rest is history.

tl;dr she's Nightwing but cuter.

Friends are probably anyone and everyone! despite the language barrier (Sanaa's learning! And I apologize but the entirety of Sanaa's broken English is taken from my experience with talking to one learning Native Russian speaker which may not ring true for all so if anyone knows anything more, please tell me!), Sanaa's an extremely outgoing and friendly person. She's genuinely interested and appreciative of everyone and it might make her come off as foolish and naive. She's very sweet. Please love her.

Enemies Oh boy. Okay, so Sanaa's a super Good Girl but she doesn't make any unncessary effort to pursue any reluctant friendships so if anyone happens to start off on the wrong foot with her, they're likely to stay there. She likes to tease others, never really maliciously, just obnoxiously amused and while she doesn't go out of her way to aggravate her "enemies," just as she doesn't make much of a move to make up with them, she will not avoid them either. She'll still engage them and probably laugh in their face if they just so happen to be available because what is she supposed to do, ignore them? Basically, she's just a bit patronizing in her feigned neutrality and it's very irksome.

Lovers are a little out of the ball park here. I'm not opposed to any potential plots in this category but Sanaa's last significant other tried to kill her so she's not quite in an appropriate position to take on another partner without some issues. That being said, I love drama! Sanaa's not a serial flirt or heart throb by any means but I'm sure she's just a tad too generous in her compliments and a bit too salacious in her teasing, so who knows what could happen? [Insert eyebrow wiggle here]

Fair warning: I'm super into fleshing out plotlines and in-thread chemistry so expect a lot of rambling & vague 'We'll see where it goes's out of me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sanaa Makovskaya
Unclaimed Roman Demigod
Third Cohort

Female Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2017-01-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanaa Makovskaya

Post by Nicola Delton on Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:50 pm

Nicola wouldn't mind getting to know Sanaa, she doesn't know a word of Russian but she loves getting to know people from different countries and cultures. Up for a plot?
Nicola Delton
Daughter of Nemesis
Cabin Leader

Female Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2015-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Flint Solus on Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:55 pm

Flint would definitely like to hear some of Sanaa's circus stories. He's also had experience having to care for his mother so maybe if he and Sanaa become friends they could talk a little about that?

My other character Violet is a Roman, so if Sanaa needs help finding her way round, Violet may be of assistance.
PM me if you're interested Smile
Flint Solus
Son of Hermes
Cabin Leader

Male Number of posts : 488
Registration date : 2015-01-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanaa Makovskaya on Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:35 pm

@Nicola If worse comes to worst, they can try charades ("Hi, how are you?" Frantic flailing in response). Also, they're both runaways! I'm sure Sanaa would feel some sort of kinship there if she found out. It could definitely be something interesting to explore and if I ever get my thoughts together enough to come up with something, expect a PM from me. Otherwise, Sanaa's a generally outgoing girl even when she's been moved from her home country and robbed of her parents so after she's done with her brooding, she'd have no problem approaching other campers. Unless you're interested in RPing with a rather upset and bitter kid which, I don't know, could be fun.

@Flint Flint likes exercising, right? Well, Sanaa's been through some intense training for multiple types of acts throughout her life and has, quite frankly, pushed her own human limits multiple times because "the show must go on." They could teach each other; Flint guiding her through actual combat and her introducing him to the wacky physical expectations of a circus performer. I'm thinking of something along the lines of spar partners/workout buddies? It would definitely give them room to share stories, circus related or otherwise, and become close enough to perhaps get to deeper topics like ~tragic pasts~ and ~neglectful mothers~. As they say, there are some things you can only know of a person through a fight.

(We're going to ignore the fact that it took me 5 days to reply to this hahahaha I'm so sorry.)
Sanaa Makovskaya
Unclaimed Roman Demigod
Third Cohort

Female Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2017-01-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top