Don't Worry, I Can Talk For You! (Moira, open)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Don't Worry, I Can Talk For You! (Moira, open)

Post by Olivia Serenity Steele on Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:37 pm

It was a misty afternoon in Camp Jupiter, which meant.. Pollen was flying everywhere! "Ach-oo!" A small girl sneezed, the mucus was starting to fly almost everywhere in her area. Some of the campers in the Fourth Cohort barracks looked at her with an eyeroll as if they were and weren't use to the southern girl's allergy antics. Elodie threw her small legs over the bed and pulled Finn's dog food bag open, since Elodie wasn't the only demigod with a pet, some of the older Legionnaires offered to buy pet food from New Rome. The southern girl was thankful for their gratitude and insisted that not all roman demigods were bad!

As she reached over and poured dog food in Finn's bowl, she glanced around the barrack and saw a girl alone.. Elodie knew how it felt to have no friends, maybe the girl had friends? Did the girl have friends? As Finn jumped off the bed and walked over to w at out of his bowl. Elodie decided to make a new friend in her cohort, she took a tissue out of the tissue box and gave one last blow and threw the tissue in the trash can with so many other nasty scrunched up tissues. The southern girl took out her hand sanitizer and twisted open to cap, she examined the girl some more. She was more of an older woman, maybe seventeen or eighteen, she looked like someone that can have friends and be friends with other Legionnaires, it looked like she needed someone to talk too...

As Elodie was finished rubbing her hands, she stood up and slipped her feet in her torn bunny slippers, she took a deep breath and walked over to the female. "Howdy!" She said in her southern drawl, "My name is Elodie, you look like you need a friend!"
Olivia Serenity Steele
Daughter of Apollo
Cabin Leader

Female Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2014-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Don't Worry, I Can Talk For You! (Moira, open)

Post by Guest on Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:03 pm

Moira was sitting in her bunk, not really paying attention to what was going on. The normal everyday drama, someone was sick, two people were arguing about rank and their “prowess” on the battlefield, and there was someone sharpening their weapons. Moira is glad that she does not have to do that all of the time, a benefit to using a bow. Arrows are plentiful, so she does not have to act all protective with them. She got bored with staring emptily up at the roof. Eventually she started to try and entertain herself.

She pulled out a copy of Scott Pilgrim vs. the World that she found in the local library. A few pages in she tried to preoccupy herself even farther. She pulled her pencil that she always kept handy for communication reasons, and started to play “Welcome to the Machine,” in her head. “Howdy,” she heard, “blah, blah, blah you look like someone you could a friend.” “Oh great someone is trying to be friendly,” she thought.

She put her manga down and pulled out the pad of paper that she so used to using. She wrote on it, “You can try there lass, I’m not the best conversationalist if you catch my drift.” She spun the pad over to her so she could read it. After that she picked back up what she was reading, just assuming that she was going to leave after learning the truth, just as everyone else does. They always seem to have true intentions, once they learn that their conversations are going to be rather one sided, they leave her alone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Olivia Serenity Steele on Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:47 pm

The woman pulled out a pad of paper and wrote on it then showed it to Elodie, but the curious demigod couldn't read it all that eell due to dyslexia. She only caught a few words and she sort of understood but what she didn't understand was why the woman was so defensive. But that was what made her much more interesting. Intrigued with what she was reading, Elodie leaned over and saw a lot of pictures and airbubbles which indicated what the characters were saying. Elodie knew these kind of books were called.. 'Mangoes' or something like that, a Japanese host student that loved on the farm Elodie lived in always had those laying around along with ither things.

"So, 'whatcha readin'?" Elodie asked her as she leaned away and gave the girl a earnest smile, Elodie knew that the woman didn't want her around but the young demigod was much too stubborn to give up on making a friend. Plus, the woman looked pretty approachable anyway.. "I've heard of those books before, are they called ' Mangoes?"
Olivia Serenity Steele
Daughter of Apollo
Cabin Leader

Female Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2014-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:58 pm

“Hm this one appears to be persistent.” Moira thought. However Moira was to jaded by everyone else‘s response to her inability to talk. Moira believed that she saw right through her southern belle shtick. On the other hand, Moira put having a friend into consideration. Moira never did have many of those. The reasons were not just her muteness, but also because she was different. That seemed to equalize out now with the knowledge that she is a half-blood. As Moira look back nowadays, she saw that not all of that was there fault. She was always playing the part of the martyr when she younger. Then martyrdom turned to anarchy when she grew up. She did things that she was not very proud of, mainly to the police.

“Close, only a letter off its manga. Seeing how a mango is a fruit. Never actually had one.” Moira looked down to the Roman who was talking to her now. “Young this one is.” She thought, figured that the girl was in her early teens. “So where in the South are you from, I kinda walk across your country getting here. Bad directions.” Moira then thought back to her time in the American South. It was too hot for her taste. The temperature in New York is much more appealing to her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top