Half-Blood Hill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to train a Graceus (Felix)

Go down

How to train a Graceus (Felix) Empty How to train a Graceus (Felix)

Post by Guest Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:59 am

Alesia walked up to the Roman gate very nervously, very very nervously. A few of them by the gate stopped her and asked why she was here, so she tried not to look scared in front of them. She said "I am meeting someone for training." They let her through and she thought she heard one of them say something about her needing it. It did not really bother her, she would not be here unless she did. She was almost regretting it because every now and then she saw a Roman look at her. She could almost read their minds "What is this graceus doing here?" She looked around, trying to find the arena as quick as she could to get away from all the eyes. She thought about what one Roman had said to her, that they were all trying to recover and felt like such an intrusion. She felt a breeze and then immediately felt stronger, she was meeting a friend. She would be fine when she found Felix.

She kept her head down until she found the arena, which was not too hard to find from his directions. She breathed a sigh of relief as she came in and looked around. It was different than the one in Camp Half-Blood but in a good way, it looked pretty cool. She then searched for the now somewhat familiar face and found Felix, immediately smiling both out of relief and joy. Of course, she stared at his eyes again. She not think she would ever get used to them, nor did she truly want to. She then focused and said "Hey Felix, nice to see a friendly face. Ready to go?" As she said that she pulled out her twin swords from behind her back, relaxing them at her sides. She wondered what kind of weapon he had.

Back to top Go down

How to train a Graceus (Felix) Empty Re: How to train a Graceus (Felix)

Post by Guest Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:51 pm

As a young Roman, a couple of years fresh into the Legion, Felix still had that fire behind his eyes, the lust for battle, the passion in his heart that often wasn't seen any more in the retired soldiers of New Rome, back in California. Of course, those who couldn't fight or run had died, and the survivors had new energy brought on through the fury of what had happened to their home so long ago. Partially, this was the reason he'd agreed to train the Graecus; so he wouldn't go rusty in case he got into a fight, and to give him better chance of defeating them if the Greacus taught him new moves.

Plus, you know, she was absolutely DDG; Drop Dead Gorgeous.

Felix was beginning to think that he might have some kind of issue on top of everything else; aside from the obvious issues that were a part of the amazing package deal of being a son of the Roman gods, he seemed to have a thing for the Greeks. Perhaps it was the danger of it, or maybe it was some kind of immortal chemistry from the combination of Romans and Greeks after so long, especially as they weren't technically related, but whatever it was affected him greatly. Of course, there was the occasional burst of emotion he felt when seeing one of the Venus or Cupid kids, even some others he dare not mention, but mainly it was the Greeks. First Seph, now the Alesia chick. She seemed pretty cool, so he decided to help her train; keep her alive long enough for him to make his move. So it was that he was in il Colosseo waiting for her to show up so they could get started. Maybe she was his chance to stop being so damn moody and become... Well, Felix once more.

When she strolled through the doors, he automatically smiled; something she actually returned, which seemed to be a thumbs up. She asked is he was ready to go and he grinned. "Eager. I like it," he mused with a wink, and tapped the bracelet he'd discovered in the woods, watching it become his only full length sword. "Celestial bronze and steel," he informed her, swinging it in a figure of eight. "A Greek metal, I believe, but this baby works fine for me." He stopped showing of and turned to a small congregations of his colleagues who had gather near the entrance. "One on one, kids, beat it!"

They did.

"So," he began with a light smirk. This was what he enjoyed; sparring. "Welcome to the Felix Faukesius school of fighting. Please, tell me, what have they taught you over in the other camp?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:41 am

She was happy that Felix had smiled to her when she walked in, then felt less nervous about all the other Romans. What did they really matter, she was here for a lesson! Of course, they did all have pointy objects... Whatever, she was excited to start now. At her question she could not help but feel slightly bemused by his reaction. She let out a sort of side smile to show it and then saw him tap his bracelet. Starting to get a feel for magic objects, she took a step back, just in case. She then watched a sword come out into his hand and was surprised when he said what it was made out of. Didn't Romans usually use Imperial Gold? After he commented on it being Greek, she figured he had picked it up somewhere. "How did you come by a Greek sword?" She found her curiosity overtake her pretty fast.

Watching him swing his sword around, she wondered how experienced he was. From what she had heard already, she thought that he was definitely going to be a good mentor. She then saw him shoo off some others and raised an eyebrow as they did. Romans did have their respect going for them, she wondered just how much she still did not know about Felix. She then commented subtly "Good listeners." and turned back with a look of respect for him. At CHB the kids would probably laughed, though there were those that would be listened to. Different worlds, different rules. She then grinned at what he said next, she was ready to get started and she liked that he was too.

Playfully, she said "Honor to be enrolled!" Then paused slightly, considering what to say next. Her tone was still light as she said "I learned how to stand strong, basically so that i would not trip on the battlefield. I also learned a little defense by learning how to block a straight on attack. So not much yet." With that she gestured to her twin swords. She kept a firm grip, they already felt like a part of her, despite the lack of too much knowledge on them. She then said "These are Celestial Bronze but actually made by a Vulcan child, very nimble blades." She raised them up to an X in front of her, remembering what she had barely learned. She moved her shoulders, not sure how he planned to do this. Would he start out slow? Test her reflexes first? Teach her a move? Let her learn on her feet? All she could do right now was stay ready to move, trying to keep her footing right.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:02 pm

A smile crossed Felix's face when he remembered his recovery of Occissor. "Found it," he explained. "I was in the woods... Maybe a couple of months ago? Yeah, I think so. But anyway, I'm digressing, I was in the woods, you know, just strolling and whatnot, when I came across a bracelet on a rock, and I was like, 'well that's odd', so I picked it up (naturally, being a son of Mercury) and as I watched it became the sword you see before you. As he fondly remembered the moment he'd discovered the sword, he almost forgot that he had company. "I like your swords though, I agree, excellent workmanship and very nimble."

Felix could not help but grin at Alesia's reaction to the other Romans listening to his instruction; he supposed the Greeks didn't pay much attention to their superiors due to their lack of a proper system of command, as far as he'd noticed. "The Empire was based on discipline. We keep the spirit of the Empire going. For us, it's pretty much second nature now; We obey the Praetors, the Centurions, and our superiors. I was raised by the wolf, Lupa, before I joined the Legion, like my cousins Romulus and Remus, so I'm as much a part of the legion as anyone else. I'm sort of a legacy too, with my family having been with Fulminata for so long, so I guess I must be high to them. We respect each other too though, which is the most important thing." Honestly, he did agree. Respect was a fundamental concept in the legion, as unless the members respected each other it couldn't function as a society or as... well, a legion.

"Now, on with the lesson," Felix decided. He held Occissor tightly in both hands, and locked eyes with Alesia, doing his best to ignore the feelings that rose in his chest; she really was exceedingly pretty. "Are you ready? I say we just spar for now, so I know what you can do. No maiming, by the way, or at least I won't if you won't." Then, with a smile and a wink, he realised something. He ran over to the side of the Arena and put on Hermes' gift - the helmet - before jogging back to his fighting partner. "Also, I heard the wind god claimed you," he explained. "Congratulations, but I believe in equal ground, so... Maia!" With the last word, wings sprouted from the helmet and lifted him slightly of the ground, before letting him touch down again. Smirking, he told her, "A little gift from Dad. Right, now are you ready?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:02 am

She watched as Felix talked about finding his weapon, obviously he really loved it. She smiled as he said he found it in the woods, as it had been where they had met. Then smiled again, this time more bemusedly, as he said he just picked it up off the rock. She wondered why it would just be sitting there, someone might have just left it there by accidentally setting it down. She was surprised it had not been a trap, might have been a lure. However, it most obviously had not been and she was over thinking everything. She then said "Well, it looks like a good blade and thanks." She thought back to when they had been forged, the first time she held them, it had felt absolutely perfect. She made a mental note to try and express her gratitude to the forger sometime.

She then listened as he explained more about the Roman culture. She definitely respected that they had so much discipline, how could it be a bad thing? Usually people did not get in trouble for obedience... unless you listened to someone evil, say a Titan. She longed to understand their order of ranks but now would not be the time. She then smiled and said "Yeah, respect is a good thing. Although ours works a bit differently than yours." Despite liking the discipline, she could not help but feel pride in her Greek heritage. She supposed it was only natural to feel the bond of loyalty, it seemed like Felix felt the same way about Rome. Just the way he spoke of his home showed how much he cared for it.

She then focused as he locked eyes with her, feeling her breath catch for a second and a flutter in her stomach. She mentally scolded herself for her reaction, she came here to train! Although she heard a small voice inside her head say "But that was not the only reason you came." The voice may have been small but it still rang through her head. She then laughed and returned the wink "Gotcha, no maiming." He then suddenly ran off and came back with a helmet. He then mentioned her claiming, making her feel warm that he had taken notice of her, and was surprised when he lifted into the air. She had not really tried to fly yet, although she noticed jumping was easier. She felt herself grinning as she said "Nice gift. And yes, I am so ready." Probably not so ready but he didn't have to know that. She readied herself to move fast, feeling a little more energized at a breeze.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:33 pm

Alesia appeared to respect the Romans more than some Greeks he'd met, so he chose to return the favour by complimenting her Greek heritage. "You guys are a lot less strict," he stated, "Which certainly has it's merits. Since I arrived at this Camp, I've been starting to think more and more... Maybe the Legion could take a leaf out of the Greek book. We seem so uptight about everything compared to you guys, it's like a breath of fresh air talking to you." Immediately, blood rushed to his cheeks and he felt the hot flush rising. "I-I mean, you know, to the Greeks," he stammered, feeling the absurd urge not to express his emotions holding him back from truly complimenting her. An obstacle, he thought, has revealed itself. A surpassable one, but an obstacle nevertheless.

As Alesia winked at him, Felix felt his breath leave his body, and a cold shiver passed with haste through his body; not the bad thing it might seem, as it was a surprisingly pleasant shiver. It was as though somebody had breathed down his neck, but that somebody was Venus, or Cupid. He breathed out slowly and grinned when she complimented his severely beloved winged helmet that he had received during his claiming from his father, who'd been hiding in a tree at the time. In the back of his mind, he wondered if his father was watching now, perhaps sat in the stands or gazing down from the skies. However, he cast the thought from his mind and chose to compliment her instead, something he was becoming increasingly good at. "Why, grazie, aren't you a sweetheart?" He said, hoping to distract her slightly so he might have some sort of a chance against her whilst sparring.

Already trying to restrain himself from wrapping his arms around her (he really did need to get himself looked at by Jespice or one of his siblings), Felix readied Occissor, gripping her tightly in both hands, feeling the cold leather in his hands. This was his favourite bit. Faintly, in the back of his mind, he heard the voice of his grandfather Syphax telling him that he should 'Only attack first if you want to lose,' meaning that he should always be on the defensive or counter attacking. So he attacked first. Just a simple swing toward her side, nothing fancy about it. However, it was rather well executed, so he hoped. Quick and efficient, much like the Imperial force he represented, aiming straight for the target; her side.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:39 am

Alesia was slightly surprised when he complimented the Greeks, it was odd compared to her other encounters with Romans. They had seemed hostile, the type to swing first and ask questions later, though luckily they had not. She did need this training. Then to surprise her all the more he said that he wanted a little breathing room, which was understandable. She felt another flutter as he mentioned her being like fresh air, although she told herself he was probably talking about Greeks in general. He ended up saying that next, though with slight trouble for some reason... She then said carefully "Glad to help you out then, mixing things up usually helps." then she tried to calm her breathing.

Suddenly she was a tad suspicious of that daughter of Venus she had met, but quickly cast out the idea. There may have been tension, but she had been nice and quite kind. However, despite the distractions, she knew she would be disappointed if it had been love magic. Then again, how much love was set up by the gods and how much was original? Her thoughts were brought out of revelry when he said something. She looked up and was slightly dazed, had he just called her a sweetheart? Of course all she said was "Grazie, huh?" Her smile turned a bit more humored, she had wanted to frown at first but that had not worked out for some reason. She made a mental note to try and figure out something Roman later, not wanting to get too caught up in it. 

She was starting to lose her train of thought, everything starting to derail fairly quickly. It was taking everything in her to stay focused, though seeing him grip his sword tighter helped. What seemed like all of a sudden, his blade was coming down towards her side. Since defense was pretty much all she knew, she manged to pull her right sword to the side to deflect it enough for her to move back out of range. Her heart was beating faster, although she did not know if it was him or the adrenaline from the training starting. she felt yet another flutter and decided she was definitely starting to feel something towards him. So she did the only logical thing, she stepped forward again and swung her sword. She used her left sword and it was coming up across his left side, though a bit poorly managed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down