Half-Blood Hill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So my name is Lúthien? ((Elijah))

Go down

So my name is Lúthien? ((Elijah)) Empty So my name is Lúthien? ((Elijah))

Post by Guest Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:33 pm

Melody looked at the door of the principia. Behind that door was the answer to the one questions she feared to ask by now. Who am I? Melody had learnt a few things at camp that she hadn't expected. A girl named Lúthien who looked just like her and acted similar at worst, had been murdered. She'd been friends with a bunch of peculiar people and this girl had dated a man named Calix Kiril, who was Praetor of the camp. This girl, this Lúthien, had played the flute and she and Calix were soul mates. She remembered Calix and the moments they'd shared so she knew that she was, probably, Lúthien. Still it hadn't been confirmed, not even by Calix himself. This confused her but perhaps he was just as confused as she was by all this. After all, she shouldn't even be alive. And as if that wasn't confusing enough, meeting Calix made her wonder what to do about Fergus. She really cared for him and she thought part of her loved him. Yet it wasn't as strong as what she felt for Calix and she could live with Fergus as just a friend. She just didn't think he felt the same way. She knew his feelings were very strong and it made her rather unhappy, as she didn't want to hurt him.

With a sigh, Melody pushed open the door and walked in, just hoping against all hope that Calix would be there, waiting for her only to take her in his arms and carry her away to a place they could spend eternity together. Perhaps a little much to ask though. Still, she knew who she loved, which was more than she could ever have wished for. She'd found a few answers about who she was but a few things were still unknown. Who were her parents, did she have siblings, had she even been claimed? Where did she belong in the legion? So many questions still had to be answered and Melody didn't even know where her love for the flute stemmed from. She could play it very well but all those songs had no origin confused her. She didn't know where to look for the answers or who could give them but Calix. If she could just find him, everything would be all right. She'd tell him how she remembered a lot of things and how she was pretty sure she was the girl he'd fallen in love with. They'd renew their relationship and that would be it. She'd find a way to let Fergus down easy and all the drama would be over. She just didn't calculate her brother into that picture.

So when she walked through the doors, not knocking as she somehow felt that would be weird, she was a little unsettled to find the other Praetor to be in the room rather than Calix. Silently she studied him for a moment. He was small with short dark hair, tight fitting clothes and a somehow seemingly aggressive look about him. Melody didn't know where that part came from. Around his neck was a blue crystal that seemed to somehow be lighting up. She scrunched up her nose, as if the crystal was offensive somehow. She wanted to tell him to turn off his necklight but that wasn't why she was here. She didn't want to get in his bad graces if she really was going to end up getting back together with his colleague. So she kept her temper under control, although something about this guy made her want to make insulting remarks and just generally drive him up the wall. She shook the feeling and looked at him. "I'm looking for Praetor Kiril." She stated, figuring that should be enough information for him to point her in the right direction. She hoped he'd just tell her where to go and that would be it. Simple and efficient. Then again, things were never simple and efficient around the children of Discordia....

Back to top Go down

So my name is Lúthien? ((Elijah)) Empty Re: So my name is Lúthien? ((Elijah))

Post by Elijah Emmanual-Wheelan Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:16 am

Paperwork.  Elijah dreamed of a world without paperwork.  Sure, things had  gotten much since Calix had resurfaced, but there was still so much to do!  The boy really did get the with great power comes great responsibility thing, but paperwork!  Calix was up and about these days, but he wasn't in the Principia much...he spent a lot of time wandering around.  It was only fair that the Legacy of Bellona did so...reestablishing himself with the camp he helped run.  Even after Elijah had delivered a hearty slap, the boy was fine with his friend and fellow Praetor doing what he needed to do.  After three months locked up in his room, the small boy was just happy to see the older boy out and about.  There was a shift in the atmosphere at Camp Jupiter 2.0...a wind of change.  Elijah felt it, as did the crystal around his neck.  It wasn't beating anymore, just glowing.  A blue, pulsating glow.  These days, the boy was wearing it outside of his shirt.  If he tucked it under, the chain irritated the healing burn from Jack's pendant.  And the son of Discordia wanted the burn to heal as quick as possible...it had only been a week or so, but second or third degree burns could take up to three weeks to heal.  And the boy knew he'd have a nasty scar from this, no matter how well he took care of it.  Burns like this one...Elijah squeezed fresh aloe juice on it regularly and kept it covered with gauze, but it still hurt at times.  He tried not to think about it, and refused to talk about it with anyone (River seeing it was catastrophic, and the boy did not want to deal with that again).  Looking back down at the papers in front of him, Elijah sighed.  He looked at the blue crystal around his neck, the pulsating glow.  But it was changing...eyebrows furrowed in confusion, the boy watched the pulse slow until the crystal was a lit up blue regularly instead of surging.  Lúth was definitely here.  Elijah had head all the rumors...a girl who looks like Lúthien Anárion...she didn't look like Lúth, she was Lúth!  The boy had yet to see her, but she was here.  And the siblings would see each other...according to the crystal, it would be soon.

The boy was so busy watching the crystal that he didn't even notice the door to the Principia opening.  It kind of registered in the back of his mind, but he figured it was Calix.  Except someone was speaking...a girl..."Praetor Kiril is-" Elijah cut himself short out of shock...because he knew that voice...it could only be one person...looking up with wide eyes, the boy stared at the girl for a moment.  How could anyone just say she looked like Lúth?  It was painfully obvious that she was Lúth...no one else could...taking deep breaths, Elijah couldn't help the staring.  Because after all these long months, knowing Lúth was alive and that she would make her way back to camp, the boy hadn't prepared how he would meet this moment.  Though he was pretty sure any preparation for this moment wouldn't have been useful anyway.  Because his sister was standing there, right in front of him, and the boy's brain just erupted in chaos.  He didn't know what to say or do.  "Lúth..." he breathed, barely audible.  Because it was Lúth, standing right in front of him!  Elijah didn't know what to do...Lúth...who didn't know she was Lúth, according to the rumors.  But the boy wasn't even thinking about that as he stood, the crystal around his neck finally glowing a bright blue.

Walking over to the girl, Elijah was wide eyed and silent as he walked a circle around Lúth, before facing her.  Chaos...absolute chaos...it was nearly tangible between the siblings.  "I ran there, you know," the boy said softly, looking his sister in the eyes.  "As soon as I heard...I ran there.  I wouldn't have been much of a match for a God, but I wanted to try...but I was too late.  You were gone, and all that was there was a horrible residual aura from..." Elijah couldn't even say the God's name.  He thought it may have been easier after Tac, but it wasn't.  Staring for another moment, the boy finally closed the gap between the two and pulled Lúth into a crushing hug.  He didn't care about anything else but his reunion with his sister right now.  Nothing else mattered.  "I knew you'd be back," the boy said clearly to his sister.  "I knew you weren't gone for good.  No one believed me...no one believed me...your brother!" that made Elijah jump back a bit.  Lúth didn't know who she was.  Why she was being hugged by an obviously crazy Praetor.  With a deep breath, the boy caught his sister's gaze again.  "Even if you don't remember my name, I hope you remember you have a brother.  But maybe I'm pushing it..." staring at Lúth slightly sadly and slightly filled with love and relief and chaos, Elijah pushed through the murkiness.  "You're Lúthien Anárion," he finally said softly.  "You'll get it...you'll start to remember.  That's why we're all here for you..."

"Elijah," the boy said, barely above a whisper.  "I'm Elijah Emmanual, son of Discordia.  I'm your brother.  We're children of chaos...you know that...I know you do..." Elijah took a deep breath.  Lifting the crystal around his neck up so his sister could see it, Elijah tried to stay calm.  "I was there when our mother gifted this to you.  Blessed with a few moments away from the chaos...you stuffed it into a pair of socks...but when I went looking for it, I found it underneath my old bed.  The bed I was in when I was Centurion of the Third Cohort...before I was made Praetor..." Elijah tried to think of other ways to jog Lúth's memory.  "Discordia gave this to you, but your hatred of the Gods made you rebel...I've been wearing it.  I could feel it beating, slow at first, I guess when you were so close to death...but it's been changing...a regular heartbeat.  And then it started glowing, and then you were here!" unable to help himself, Elijah pulled his sister into another hug.  "It'll all come back," he said softly.  "You'll remember...and I'll be there for every step.  I promise..." Lúth was back, and Elijah didn't want to let go ever again.
Elijah Emmanual-Wheelan
Elijah Emmanual-Wheelan
Admin
Son of Discordia Ferocimus
Third Cohort
Praetor

Male Number of posts : 2481
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:47 pm

As soon as the small boy noticed her, his mouth opened. What Melody hadn't expected was the amount of words this boy managed to puke out. Not to mention how little sense they all made. Her eyebrow slowly started being raised with every word he said, although he did confirm her suspicions rather fast. So she was Lúthien, the dead girl. Seemed somebody had failed on the killing part. Not only that, he started ranting to her about running somewhere (she guessed he didn't mean Germany) and about battling it out with some God. Somehow the idea wasn't as amusing as it probably should have been. It did get on her nerves that he seemed to lack any decent train of thought. He just hopped from subject to subject on a completely random order it seemed, although he somehow made perfect sense to her. He hugged her (or attempted to murder by squishing her to jelly) and Melody could feel the irritation building up inside her. What was this... this kid doing? Apart from asking for a blow to the nose.

He kept talking and rambling on and Melody felt her hand shape itself into a fist. She knew she'd always had a temper but she had never been a physical fighter before Scotland. She knew that because those people had to teach her in pub fights. Although highly entertaining, Melody still preferred words. Still this guy probably didn't expect her to land a proper punch. Or drive a car, as that had been a horror at first. Maybe she'd better be as nice as she could to him though. Even though approximately everything about him was getting on her nerves. Apart from that she was slowly building a headache because a few flashes of memories were returning. She didn't know what he was expecting but they had obviously never really gotten along. Her almost death wasn't about to change that. Plus, that hugging really wasn't needed and Melody did not appreciate physical contact. Not one single bit. She wasn't a person of physical activity or long conversations or being nice and from what she remember, Calix was the only person that made her act so unlike herself that she actually felt like a better person around him. This boy didn't.

While he talked, Melody, or Lúthien as she was, remained silent and just stared at him with cold dead eyes. Brother or not, he wasn't getting off to a very good start. Then he showed her the gift and a smile actually crept up on her face. That familiar feeling of hatred deep within her came back to memory. She'd given up her life because she hated her mother. She might not have remembered the details but she sure remembered that. Her mother, the Goddess that had abandoned her. Not just once, twice. Where had Discordia been when she was bleeding to death? Where was her mother when the girl prayed for answers? Lúthien broke the silence, the cruel smile that was filled with malice not leaving her face. "Keep it." She said, motioning toward the gift. She hoped her mother wouldn't go to hell because she knew that was where she herself was going. She wanted nothing to do with her mother, not before and certainly not now. Some parts of her had grown stronger by losing everything and her hatred swept up again at the memory of nights filled with nightmares and prayer where she heard nothing of her mother or father. One of those was gone or dead for as far as she knew but knowing she was a demigod made her realise just how much her mother cared.

And he just had to do it. He had to hug her again, as if the first time hadn't been bad enough. She didn't move, didn't return the embrace. She honestly wanted him to back off already. Couldn't he understand the concept of giving somebody space? Most of all when they didn't really know who they themselves were, or the person before them. Her memories gave her a headache and she just wanted some time to think or to talk to Calix. At least he'd understood her state of confusion and given her the space she'd needed. She'd been allowed her own initiative. When he finally managed to shut his mouth, Lúthien opened hers. She wasn't going to waste words on this one. "You talk too much." Was the simple start of the conversation. "And I'd appreciate it if you stopped with the hugging. I hardly know you, although I'm slowly getting some memories. None of them involve hugging and most of them involve fighting so can we just do what we always seem to do rather than this most unnatural sweetness. It's irritating." Lúthien told him in a cold and low voice that she allowed her irritation to be voiced in. She didn't care if she hurt him by what she said. If he'd wanted her to be nicer, he would have done well to remember what kind of person she was. Death had changed her but she wasn't suddenly about hugs, fluffy bunnies and sweetness. Such wasn't her nature, no matter how much he worried or cared.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Emmanual-Wheelan Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:17 pm

There were a lot of things that Elijah just didn't get.  His natural tendency to chaos meant that the boy's idea of "sense" was much different from everyone else's.  That included his sister, though she was a whole different story in herself.  It was interesting to Elijah how even two children of chaos were so chaotically unique.  And right now, nothing was making any sort of sense, which was trouble in and of itself.  Because Lúth was here, but she didn't remember any of it.  Random memories of a brother, perhaps...no face or name...and probably the memories that were most prominent.  Fighting.  Arguing.  Bickering.  And any variation upon them.  That was how Elijah and Lúth spent most of their time together.  There were some good times, but the siblings of Discordia had always had a chaotic relationship...the boy figured it just kind of came by naturally.  The fact that they were complete opposites didn't help.  Lúth had always been nearly completely devoid of emotions, while Elijah wore his proudly.  Lúth had always been a verbal fighter, Elijah preferred his fists.  There was just way too much...the boy wasn't sure where to begin.  But right now, there was a voice in his head telling him that everything he was doing was a very bad idea.  Of course, that hadn't started until Elijah had already hugged his sister.  Now that he thought about it, though, the older girl was more likely to remember her brother breaking her boyfriend's jaw over their intensely emotional final meeting before Lúth had been taken away.  She wouldn't remember playing her flute and the awkward hug in the arena.  Hiding on the beach while the two tried to see if their radiation could set off explosives.  Elijah mostly dragging his sister out of a forest fire.  The good times...they were so few and far between with the two.  The dominant memories would be the issues.  Which broke Elijah quite well...the thought that everything that was lost were the good things...

Elijah had always made sure his sister knew he cared about her in his own, wacky way.  And he was pretty sure Lúth had been the same, showing things in her own, wacky way.  But feeling the older girl's cold eyes on him, the boy kind of felt like none of that remained...if it had even been there in the first place.  Which made Elijah's brain snap right into a cold anger he had always held for his sister.  "You could at least try," he said blandly, tucking the crystal under his shirt, feeling it settle into the place it had held for months.  "You have no idea," he whispered harshly.  "I started giving people black eyes...no one thought you were alive...living my own life and waiting..." Elijah felt himself slipping into a deeper chaos, one that would be much harder to come out of.  He knew Lúth was like this.  In a way, the boy knew he had spent the past few months dwelling on the good when he should have been much more realistic.  Despite how much he had missed the older girl, the son of Discordia knew her return wouldn't be the way he pictured it.  Elijah would be the same person.  And whatever Lúth had been through the past few months, she'd still be Lúth.  It wouldn't matter how many people the small boy had punched because they expressed the loss of Lúth as if she had died.  So few people had believed the small boy.  If they listened at all.  People would believe what they wanted to.  The dark months that Elijah had lived through.  Juggling everything...running the Legion singlehandedly, making sure Calix had food and was alive, his own odd relationships, people, living, just trying to make it.  The nightmares he would get...Tac's first day and his claiming...and things getting a lot worse before getting close to better.

"This isn't unnatural sweetness," Elijah finally snapped, ignoring the first bit about him talking too much.  Of course those would be the memories surfacing...just like the boy figured.  "Maybe you can remember some caring.  Maybe it doesn't get the spotlight, but it's there," the boy took another step back.  If this was how things were going to be, the small boy wasn't sure he could share any of his end.  Lúth had already decided things would be bad...so why should Elijah bother?  He would be willing to hear everything Lúth had to say, but she wouldn't.  As oftentimes happened, the girl was making her brother twitchy and higher strung than usual.  He tried fighting it as he felt it creeping in...as jerk a move as it would be, Elijah didn't want to give his sister the satisfaction of that.  As much as he wanted to start slinging insults her way, presumably with her returning them, the boy was determined to keep that at bay.  In a way, this was a new start.  Residual memories, but that only dictated things if they let them.  Lúth could hold tight to her memories of the two fighting nonstop, but there was room to begin again.  With a soft sigh, Elijah knew thinking that way was useless.  Because the older girl had held tight to other things.  Like her stubbornness and love of getting Elijah riled up.  Maybe he should just draw a line there and let it go.  He'd see his sister when she came in for Calix, but he didn't have to associate with her otherwise.  Maybe it was best to be remembered as the pesky little brother.

Staring at Lúth, the boy finally frowned slightly.  How to get everything across without talking too much...there was just so much.  Perhaps it would be easiest to cut everything off and let the girl figure the rest out herself.  It wouldn't be too hard.  Sorting through the chaos was the hardest part.  Lúth had been kidnapped before she could help her brother with chaos control like she had promised she would.  There had been moments, though...moments where Elijah was pretty sure he would have made his sister proud...sort of.  He knew she and Jespice had been friends, but after what Jespice had attempted to do, the son of Discordia was confident in the feeling he had let the other boy off easy.  "I'll let Calix know you were here," Elijah finally said emotionlessly.  He didn't know how else to do any of this without it being a complete disaster.  Which was pretty typical of anything with the siblings, but maybe this was a different type of new start than Elijah was thinking.  A new start to a lack of a relationship rather than a better one.  Maybe it was safer that way, anyway.  "He's probably out, walking around...if you just want to find him...but I'll be here if you need anything..." the boy trailed off, letting any implications of that hang in the air.  With a deep breath, the small boy turned, walking back to the table.  As an afterthought, he looked over his shoulder to Lúth.  "I know you never directly helped me with chaos control...but you still taught me a lot," a slight smile and turning back around...his sister would take it as she would.
Elijah Emmanual-Wheelan
Elijah Emmanual-Wheelan
Admin
Son of Discordia Ferocimus
Third Cohort
Praetor

Male Number of posts : 2481
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:54 pm

Naturally, Lúthien could feel the chaos in the boy proclaiming to be her brother. She could feel his anger as it slowly grew stronger and she quite enjoyed it. Some small part of her screamed at her that this was wrong but Lúthien made it shut up. After everything she'd gone through she wasn't about to settle down and make things stay the way they had been. Lúthien had never wanted a brother or asked for one. She'd never wanted to be claimed and she'd been fine without knowing who her mother was. When he said she could at least try Lúthien just shrugged. She could, but she didn't feel like it. She looked at him coldly as he started his surprisingly short ramble about how hard his life had been. "You would have punched them anyway. It was nothing but an excuse." She said in a bored tone of voice. The part saying this was wrong screamed louder but Lúthien kept on ignoring it. This wasn't who she was any more. She had changed and probably not for the better. Her lingering memories were nothing more than memories and the cruel part of the girl wanted this boy to be unhappy about her return. 

She knew where that came from though. That sense of danger, knowing she wasn't safe here. Knowing that no matter how much she tried, she wasn't safe here. When her enemy would find her, he'd doubtlessly attempt to kill her again, wouldn't he? Lúthien wasn't as sure as she might seem but it was certain to her that the people around her would only end up hurt. From what she'd seen and heard about Calix though, being without her had been so much more painful than anything her enemy could do that she was okay with taking him down the dangerous road. Elijah was different though. He didn't realise just how much the girl had changed. Those months without knowing who she was or having any clue of what happened to her to get her in such a state still bit the girl and hurt her a lot. She closed her eyes for an instant and a flash of pain shot through her body. A mere memory of the pain of all those knives but still enough to remind her she couldn't ever be that same person again. No, that part of her life had to be over. 

So caring? That was what he wanted? He wanted her to care? What a joke! It wasn't her nature, she didn't understand caring. Did she? No, this wasn't allowed to happen, she didn't want to care any longer. The flashes of pain were still prominent in her mind, reminding her what care had done to her last time. She and Elijah had never been close and even in the past she probably had her reasons. She just had to remember them. Her inner conflict didn't show on her face and it remained as cold as a rock. This was proper, this was best, she just had to convince herself. She soon shoved her concious aside though. He wasn't her problem or responsibility. At least she could feel that she had an effect on him, something that Lúthien saw as a good thing. It didn't matter if it was an extremely negative effect, she refused to be overlooked. She'd been overlooked for long enough by her own mother and had enough negative memories from those who called her friend to be used to spite and hatred more than love and kinship, although she didn't really remember the details. She could change but the fear of the unknown was too great. Too many things were unknown, her past, her future. She couldn't bear more so she stuck with what she knew. What she was familiar with. 

And after yet another short while it was obvious Elijah gave up on.. something. He was releasing her and stopped fighting to regain whatever bond they had. He stopped throwing words and limited himself to the needed once. He didn't exactly dismiss her but it was clear she was expected to leave. A small smirk spread over her face and as he went to get back to work, Lúthien sat down in a chair opposite of him, putting her (slightly muddy) feet on the table and with a grin she looked at Elijah. "Improvement. Less talking but you're saying a lot more. I'm glad you learnt chaos control, though I naturally have no clue what you're talking about." She said so completely offhanded that it was obvious it didn't make a difference to her. Unlike before, he now had her interest. Less words meant a better communication for the girl and just seeing if this new thing could still pull his strings was interesting. If it didn't improve, it certainly couldn't get worse. Enemies were old news and whatever relationship they'd had before wasn't good enough to fight to save in his eyes. That left them with a new start and Lúthien was going to see if he could stand her. "Seems you know me fairly well, despite the rather stupid approach back there." She said uncharacteristically cheery. "Care to share some details about my life? It would be nice to know some of the things I forgot." She said, suddenly a lot less cheerful but her eyes burnt intently as they looked at him. "I don't need details, just the general picture." She said, wanting to leave the details for later. Details required so much more talking. In a way, this truly was the test for her brother. If he could tell her what she asked without grinding on her nerves too much, they might actually get along fine. But him doing that was a different problem all together. 

((Bad interwebs means I don't code or preview... >.> So I hope this'll do))

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down