Half-Blood Hill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet The Staff!

5 posters

Go down

Meet The Staff! Empty Meet The Staff!

Post by Cara Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:43 pm

Hey Hillers!

With a really big member base already and new members coming in everyday, the Staff thought it would be a good idea for us to introduce ourselves in-depth! So we've each filled out a Staff Survey that reveals some of our personal life as well as our life on the site :)It's full of stuff that even I didn't know about my fellow staff members. I think this is a great idea and hope you enjoy reading about us! Now for mine:

RPG
Who am I?: Cara Trickton and Calix Kiril
What color do I speak in?:  Cara speaks in #8B0000 and Calix speaks in #A52A2A
Three words to describe my character(s):
Cara: Stubborn, Reckless, Enthusiastic
Calix: Authoritative, Proud, Loyal
Who are my playbys/why did I choose the faces I did?: Well I chose Daveigh Chase for Cara solely because she was honestly the only playby who really matched what I wanted her to look like, haha. I’m always on the hunt for a new one for her… And I picked Bradley James for Calix because he is absolutely PERFECT for him! I mean, who else is fit play the haughty and hotty Praetor than Prince Arthur?? I swear, I have the biggest crush on Bradley James too so just leave me be.
Do I relate in any way to my character(s)?: Calix and Cara are two sides of my personality. While some people say that they shaped their characters, it’s actually the opposite for me. Cara was my first character on the site. I’ve never switched her out because I love to see how she grows. Cara has actually taught me how to be more confident and bold (as crazy as that may sound). And I’m a complete goofball like Cara. I relate to Calix in my expectations of myself. Calix always pushes himself to be at the top and to be a leader and doesn’t accept less.

IRL
Who am I?: Cara/Miam
Am I Greek or Roman/who is my IRL God or Goddess parent?: I love the carefree nature of the Greeks, but I also love the order and the structure of the Romans… but I think I’d get tired of it soon. I’ll take freedom over structure any day. But either way I think I’d be the daughter of Hermes/Mercury… I’m just not good at anything specifically. Maybe Dionysus/Bacchus because I like to party? Haha I have no idea.
What’s my position?:  Almighty Admin
How long have I been on HBH?: Phew, since April 2009! Four Years!
What am I doing with my life?: Currently? I’m an incoming junior in high school, trying to survive. I’m in English and Spanish Honor Society, and command the Varsity Female Color Guard for ROTC… you know… stuff.
Where do I want to end up/what’s my ultimate dream?: I don’t exactly know yet. Maybe commission as an officer in the Navy? I want to study Criminal Justice in college.
When I’m feeling down, what do I do?: Shut off the laptop, sit and wallow. Read maybe. But mostly think. Or watch funny videos to try to cheer myself up.
When I’m feeling upbeat, what do I do?: Bounce around, laugh and write.
What’s my “style”?: Despite Cara being a daughter of Ares, I’m honestly really nice. A bit too nice at times. I believe in improvement with a lot of work and second chances. I do what I can to help anyone and everyone I can.
Why do I love HBH?: It’s my first Role-Playing site, and its only gotten better in all the time I’ve been here. The people who Role-Play here are so diverse and special and it’s awesome seeing so many different characters from so many different minds interacting like they do here.
Why do I love being Staff?: I like to help! I like seeing people become better! And being a Staff member helps me do that! Claimings are one of my favorite parts of the site, it’s great figuring someone else’s character out like that.
What are my greatest strengths?: I don’t think I really have a strength. I’m kind of equally good at a lot of things. Well, I’m pretty good at rambling and taking a short reply and writing a long one of my own. I can get into my characters’ minds easily and that helps makes my post-length pretty good.
What are my weaknesses that I’m always working on?: My tendency to be too nice (both a blessing and a curse) and my formal writing skills, haha. I’m pretty bad at writing announcements and professional replies to things.
You should come to me if...: I’m always here whatever you need! A quick change to your charrie sheet, help with apps, or just someone to talk to. Like I said, Cara may be a daughter of Ares, but I don’t bite, I promise!
Why my HBH is your HBH too: Because I’ve been at the bottom of the RP food-chain before. You can ask Griffin, I was really] bad. I barely made post length, I god-modded, powerplayed (that wasn’t too bad at least)… wow it was embarrassing. But thanks to a lot of help, a lot of chances to learn and second chances, I am where I am today. And I always thank everyone who didn’t give up on me. I don’t know what I’d do If it weren’t for them.
You want to talk?  Let’s do it!: PM me any time you’d like! Or Skype (caratrickton)

Cara
Admin

Female Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-04-12

Back to top Go down

Meet The Staff! Empty Re: Meet The Staff!

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:21 pm

RPG
Who am I?: Griffin Carillo and Zane Altman
What color do I speak in?: Griffin speaks in color=#70C7F4 and Zane speaks in Olive
Three words to describe my character(s): Griffin: Shy, nervous, emotional. Zane: Happy, carefree, chill.
Who are my playbys/why did I choose the faces I did?: Gee, I really don’t remember... I just looked until I found someone I thought would fit. Well, for Griffin anyways. I saw Zane’s portrayer in a movie, and I was like, BAM. That's a good portrayer right there.
Do I relate in any way to my character(s)?:
Yeah, I like to give my characters personal traits that I think I embody... Jake I think was the most accurate representation of my actual personality, and then that kind of fragmented into Griffin and Zane. Griffin is my more insecure side, and Zane represents my more laid-back and goofy side.

IRL
Who am I?: You can call me... Mr. Wulff.
Am I Greek or Roman/who is my IRL God or Goddess parent?: This has been a point of contention for far too long... I’m really not sure. :)If I had to guess, I'd say Roman, probably a Son of Apollo.
What’s my position?: Mod
How long have I been on HBH?: I found HBH in May of 2009, I believe, which was about two months after the site opened to the public. Unfortunately, my original character, Jake, (created in '09) was deleted. But I still remember the first time I found the Hill. May of 2009... it's been quite a while.
What am I doing with my life?: I am currently a Sophomore in college at Chapman University double majoring in Vocal performance and Keyboard Collaborative Arts and also minoring in German.
Where do I want to end up/what’s my ultimate dream?: I want to be an Opera Singer and/or a performing pianist.
When I’m feeling down, what do I do?: I listen to music, and sometimes, if I’m really down, I’ll play really sad music.
When I’m feeling upbeat, what do I do?: Well... Ummmm... Music. That. Yeah.
What’s my “style”?: Oh gosh, these questions. I would describe myself as open and honest. Others would probably describe me differently though. Razz
Why do I love HBH?: I love HBH because it is the most awesome and cohesive role-playing site that I’ve ever been a part of, and it’s filled with great people and great role-players.
Why do I love being Staff?: I love being a Staffie because it’s legitimately awesome getting to work with some of the finest people I’ve ever known, and being a part of the inner workings of the site. It’s just an awesome position.
What are my greatest strengths?: Grammar. Definitely. And sentence structure.
What are my weaknesses that I’m always working on?: My inability to stay active on the site for more than a couple weeks at a time. -_-”
You should come to me if...: Oh, I’m always available. Even if I’m not “active”, persay, I lurk around the site at any given hour, so I’m always up for responding to PMs and such. PM me if you’re bored! Very Happy
Why my HBH is your HBH too: Oh jeez, I’ve been here forever. In fact, a lot of the original SWPs were based off some ideas I pitched to Thalia the second week I was a member... aaaaaah, memories. A lot of people forget that all us staffies were members too at first! Those were probably some of the best times I’ve had on the site, simply because it was new and fresh and had so much potential. It still does, of course! Just enjoy the site, and I’m sure you will learn to appreciate it and all its members as much as I have. Very Happy
You want to talk?  Let’s do it!: Feel free to PM me anytime! Or... Skype: ijvevhm

Last edited by Griffin Carrillo on Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:32 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Updating stuff)

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Emmanual-Wheelan Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:31 pm

RPG
Who am I?: Elijah Emmanual & Dante Andaloro & Devin Casales
What color do I speak in?: Elijah speaks in #78c7c7
Dante speaks in #728fce
Devin speaks in #e64b17
Three words to describe my character(s): Elijah - volatile, passionate, chaotic
Dante - enlightened, healing, lost
Devin - mild, closed, hidden
Who are my playbys/why did I choose the faces I did?: Elijah - Brian Molko...he’s the lead singer of my favorite band in the world (Placebo), and I’ve been completely in love with him for a decade.  That deserves some love and recognition. Wink
Dante - I've been following Sam Claflin for ages.  I think he's a phenomenal actor, no matter what he's doing.  When Dante was "sick", I found pictures that could look that way.  Now that he's "healthy", I can find those pictures, too.  I just think he fits.
Devin - I actually built my entire character around Dylan Marron.  He's a voice actor in one of my favorite podcasts and I think he's ridiculously adorable.
Do I relate in any way to my character(s)?: Elijah - If you’ve ever heard it said that “depression is anger turned inwards and anger is depression turned outwards”, you’ll understand that Elijah and I are essentially the same person only in the opposite.
Dante - I guess we had some stuff in common when he was suffering from the mental illness stuff, but otherwise, we are very different.
Devin - I'm not sure I have anything substantial in common with Devin.  Which is kind of a first.

IRL
Who am I?: Z
Am I Greek or Roman/who is my IRL God or Goddess parent?: Totally Greek...I could never deal with all the Roman order stuff in real life!  And I'm totally daughter of Eris!  I always pegged myself as an Athena kid, but Eris is much more my speed.  That realization was brought to me as I was writing Elijah.
What’s my position?: Admin
How long have I been on HBH?: Four years
What am I doing with my life?: Who knows?  Taking some time off from school to find myself...though I don't know if I ever want to go back.  So I'm living and working and writing and pushing myself to boundaries I didn't know were there...and beating them!  I just got finished working as a Stage Manager/lights and sound worker/stage crew/props master/front of house.  It's a lot to do all at once...in the program, I'm just listed as "Stage Manager"!
Where do I want to end up/what’s my ultimate dream?: I’m determined to live my life as a poor writer with lots of corgis in NYC.
When I’m feeling down, what do I do?: Blast Placebo at unholy volumes and write like my life depends on it.
When I’m feeling upbeat, what do I do?: Talk a lot!
What’s my “style”?: I’m normally all about the tough love...I like to push people to their full potential, even if it means getting a little severe with what we’re doing.  I also tend to be brutally honest, because I’ve learned that coddling doesn’t get anyone very far.  I am very passionate, though, and I’ll face issues I care about head on without fear.
Why do I love HBH?: Ever since I joined HBH, I could tell that things were different here than any RPG site I’ve ever been on.  People here are like my family, and everyone was helpful and supportive from the beginning.  Over the past few years, I’ve seen the site grow so much as new members come in and bring their own unique flare to everything.  I’ve never been on a site with so few elitists.
Why do I love being Staff?: Claimings!  Kind of. Wink No, it’s more about being able to help people through things like starting off, making up great apps with interesting characters, and helping writers blossom.  I’m also grateful that people come to me when they need to talk or feel comfortable with me in general.  I like to think I’m a pretty cool person. Razz
What are my greatest strengths?: When I’m super passionate about something (like my writing), I will put my all into it.  I’m very creative and always try to think outside the box.  I’m comfortable with who I am, which means when people come to me with problems I understand, I’m fine with being open about my own experiences to help others.
What are my weaknesses that I’m always working on?: I get really overly emotional at times which gets ugly at times.  Sometimes I get really hopeless and everything kind of stops.  Among various mental illnesses, I have extreme social phobia which makes it hard to make friends and even harder to keep them.
You should come to me if...: Apps!  I really like helping with apps and helping writers develop brilliant characters.  You want to improve your writing.  Outside of the RPG, if you just need a shoulder to cry on or virtual hugs, I’m really good at all that. <3
Why my HBH is your HBH too: I didn’t register and automatically become a moderator!  I spent a long time as a member and SM...I feel like I should make some theatre analogy here.  Just because I’m doing backstage work now doesn’t mean I’m not onstage/was never onstage.
You want to talk?  Let’s do it!: PM is always good, email is better (loveofthe.goddess@gmail.com), and Skype is best (please ask for that one).[/color]

Last edited by Elijah Emmanual on Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:41 pm; edited 6 times in total
Elijah Emmanual-Wheelan
Elijah Emmanual-Wheelan
Admin
Son of Discordia Ferocimus
Third Cohort
Praetor

Male Number of posts : 2481
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Reid Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:53 pm

RPG
Who am I?:
Adelaide Reid and Ronnie Riley
What color do I speak in?:
Adelaide speaks in gray and Ronnie speaks in #490C77
Addie – Broken, Cryptic, Pensive
Ronnie – Present, Stoic, Impulsive
Who are my playbys/why did I choose the faces I did?:
Addie/Emma Watson: Having a twin (Amyna) we both chose Emma after long deliberation. Not only is she absolutely beautiful, talented, and clever, but when we decided on the face and matched it with Addie and Myna’s personalities the characters really came to life.
Ronnie/Tessa Violet: Tessa has been one of my favorite youtubers (meekakitty) and she’s not only freaking adorable, but she and Ronnie are similar: they both used to model, and their the same height/body type. It all seemed to fit really well.
When I first created Adelaide, we had very few similarities. At the time I was shy and going through a transition in my life that was harder than almost anything I’ve gone through since, so in a way I bottled up every single emotion I had in me and poured it into her. I thought we were similar but that was limited to what went on in our heads, outwardly, we couldn’t be any more different. She let people know when she needed help or was hurting (or she would lose control of herself and/or start hearing ghosts, voices, and terrors from her past). Though she still suffers from various disorders, the girl I wrote four years ago has evolved and changed quite a bit (do to other people, losses, experiences, etc.). She has more anger than I'll ever have and she is very firm in her beliefs.

Ronnie and I... well... She expresses herself more outwardly than I do: she’s more confident and abrasive. But the fact that she’s slow to trust others and it’s hard for her to show emotion is exactly like me. But a huge difference is that it's not just "hard for her to show emotions," it's very hard and rare of her to feel them. Though she doesn't realize she's different yet. Another similarity is that we are both very present, but a difference is that she's so brilliant that she always knows what to do in moments where it's hard to be present, whereas with me, I stumble over my words and I draw blanks. Even if Ronnie is uncertain about something or in an awkward situation, she covers it up extremely well. And the list is endless... we are opposites that have small things in common.

IRL
Who am I?:
Tori xD
Am I Greek or Roman/who is my IRL God or Goddess parent?:
Greek. Hands down. My IRL God or Godess would probably be Apollo (this might sound strange – two different ends of a spectrum) or it would be Erebus.
What’s my position?:
How long have I been on HBH?:
Four years next November
What am I doing with my life?:
I am currently a freshman in college and will be attending Sewanee - The University of the South in the fall. I currently work at the summer camp that Rick Riordan went to. staffed at, and modeled camp Half-Blood after. When the school year starts I'm applying to be a barista at the local coffee place on campus.
Where do I want to end up/what’s my ultimate dream?:
I plan to study both music and English and end up in the film department after getting my masters in film writing or directing. I hope to eventually be directing, writing, and even score-writing for my own movies. I know.... aiming high, but I've got a dream and I'm going to hold onto it.
When I’m feeling down, what do I do?:
Keep to myself, drown in my music, kind of put the world on pause for as long as I am able.
When I’m feeling upbeat, what do I do?:
Swim! (On the swim team) :look:Seek out friends and have a good time without having to worry about things I say or how I look or any of those petty things girls worry about (I have a bad tendency to overthink).
What’s my “style”?:
Peacekeeper. Growing up in a family of seven, noise is all around, both the good and the bad. Whenever my friends/siblings/people in my life fight or have unresolved tension I’m the friend to listen and never choose sides unless I have a really good reason. I try to think about things from both sides of the equation and I do my best to help resolve the tension.
Why do I love HBH?:
As far as RP websites go, HBH is special. People care, they listen. It has so much potential and is brimming with young talented, creative, and thoughtful individuals! It’s a website I was proud to introduce my little sister to when she asked about good RP sites.
Why do I love being Staff?:
I feel like I have so many more opportunities to offer my help to the members and the website. I love claimings and more than anything, I love watching everyone grow throughout these years as both writers and people.
What are my greatest strengths?:
I’m quick to accept and slow to anger. I'm a hard worker when I put my mind to it, and after moving fourteen times, I'm good with people when I need to be (though I prefer being my introverted self). Other than that, I think that a strength is that I'm creative.
What are my weaknesses that I’m always working on?:
I am a pessimist in every sense of the word. I complain... all the time and I just don't like it. My boss calls me out all the time whenever I do and right now I'm working very hard to change that. In order to be more of an optimist I'm taking small steps. Right now I'm working on not complaining and on going out of my way to notice other people's good actions and sincerely compliment them on it. I'm hoping to let people know that what they do and the hard work they put in doesn't go unnoticed.
You should come to me if...:
PLOTS. Anyone who has followed any of Addie’s threads, they’d know her life moves a mile a minute. I always have plots going through my head. I believe that they help characters mature and become more than just a whimsical figment of your imagination but a virtual extension of you – thinking for themselves. Come to me for apps, writing tips, suggestions, questions and more than anything I’m a friend to listen. Don’t hesitate to send me a PM about anything and to the best of my abilities it would be an honor to help.
Why my HBH is your HBH too:
PJO FANS UNITE! This website is meant to be a fun way to write ourselves into his amazing story. We’re all (mostly) kids sharing our love of literature and growing as writers. This isn’t school, this isn’t an obligation. Enjoy it!
You want to talk?  Let’s do it!:
I’m always a PM away. Contact me anytime on my email: toriktrue@gmail.com, add me on facebook (as long as you tell me who you are first, I don’t really accept names I don’t recognize) and hit me up on skype anytime tori.true. – I’m usually invisible and there even if it says I’m not.

Last edited by Adelaide Reid on Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Adelaide Reid
Adelaide Reid
Huntress
Daughter of Hades
Cabin Leader

Female Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-11-25

http://thehungergames.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:09 pm

//I'm sorry, for some reason I can't fix this formatting :OIt's like double spaced...///

RPG
Who am I?: Aria Austin, I used to have another account as Tyche/Fortuna, but I'm bad with multiple accounts Razz
What color do I speak in?: Usually not a fan of pinks, but I like this salmon for Ar's persona. it's light, funny, but a bit of a punch!
Three words to describe my character(s):Blonde, comical, and compassionate.
Who are my playbys/why did I choose the faces I did?: Honestly I don't watch Pretty Little Liars, but Ashley Benson is pretty hot (in a I-hate-you-so-much way) and she has a smile that just seems to capture the character.
Aria and I are very alike, we both love the alternative, art, and standing up for people... However; I HATE running, seriously. The only things I run from are spiders. I'm also allergic to horses, unlike our horse-loving Ar. She doesn't sing or partake in musical talents, unlike myself. I love to sing, pay the violin, and a tiny bit of guitar. I also can't fast-travel.
IRL
Who am I?:Raquel Stenberg. Yes, odd heretic name combination; I am half Italian and Half Norwegian. but I prefer just Aria, it's just easier.
Am I Greek or Roman/who is my IRL God or Goddess parent?: SUPER GREEK. Honestly I didn't realize that humor is a big part of my life until I created Aria. Hermes would be  good fit, except I'm just not criminally mischevious Wink Apollo would be the best fit because people tell me I have a very light personality, but they do not know that I can also be a very strong, independent person when I have to be. Hephy would be cool too, because of his creative thinking, which is honestly the biggest part of my life.
What’s my position?: Senior Member
How long have I been on HBH?: Coming on three years I think? Something like that? I dunno. I always come back to HBH, it's like a vortex or a black hole sucking out your life force until you can no longer function.
What am I doing with my life?: I'm going to be a senior in high school this year. For college I plan to attend Oregon State University (wish me luck) and study to become an Art Therapist (but you know, that will change like five times).
Where do I want to end up/what’s my ultimate dream?: I honestly just want to live my life and be able to say I succeeded my expectations for myself. Which is already happening, because like Ar I grew up in a small town, and I didn't even realize college was an option until I moved in High School.When I’m feeling down, what do I do?:Um, play Skyrim, or read memes.
When I’m feeling upbeat, what do I do?: I look for new music Very Happy
What’s my “style”?:
I never back down from what I believe in. I'm a bit alternative (Of course, not hipster. Don't you dare say that.), IRL I belong with the art junkies, and we love to think philosophically through visuals. I try to help in every way I can with whomever I can, even if it's a bit beyond my reach/ pay-grade. Ill do it with half a smile, and a 'why not' attitude.
 Why do I love HBH?: It was my first offical RP site Very Happy Everyone is like family to me now, seeing people go totally bums me out and I get really nostalgic for a few weeks. I want to get to know all of the new members from the last few months; I left on a personal occasion and now I only know the old members.
Why do I love being Staff?:The free food?  I like to be a staffer because I have a LOT of ideas all of the time. I love to discuss and evolve ideas and plots.
What are my greatest strengths?: Thinking out-of-the-box?
What are my weaknesses that I’m always working on?: My grammar of course is a continual piece of work (again, small town grammar). Personally, I have to keep myself from doing too many activities at once.
You should come to me if...: 
My strongest area for assistance is helping with questions. When I first joined HBH I was so clueless, and the whole process has been a learning curve. I will happily answer any questions, there are no stupid or silly questions Smile I will also move/lock/ edit things if you just PM me. I also LOVE to plot, even if it isn't my own. I'm a visual artist, so things love to rattle around in my noggin.
DON'T come to me for formatting help. I am HORRID at it.
Why my HBH is your HBH too: I'm willing to do anything for a good plot. I'm even okay with people using Aria as an occasional NPC (because, Hermes Cabin leaders are characters that tend to get around alot). Hermes Cabin threads, First camp threads, lessons, trouble-making, anything. Or even just PM me for the heck of it Very Happy That's how I have made some of my closest HBH friends.
You want to talk? Let’s do it!:Now. I MEAN IT. TALK TO ME. OR I WILL FIND YOU. PM me, or message me on Kik (Arianne337, or 377, something like that). :DD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:34 am

RPG
Who am I?: Adele Frye and Janelle Carrillo
What color do I speak in?: Erm. Well. Adele speaks in 9B9B9B, Jan in 696969, but I do announcements in A4C0D5.
Three words to describe my character(s): Addy: stubborn, independent, introvert. Jan: haughty, vain, bossy.  
Who are my playbys/why did I choose the faces I did?: Herm. Well, Addy's first fast was actually Jewel Staite, who played my favorite character on my favorite show at the time (Firefly). I moved on to Amy Adams, though, because I wanted to be lazy and spend less time on adjusting eye and hair color, and because Amy's Coloradan (my home state) and our home towns are seriously about half an hour apart. And I wanted someone that looked mildly more mischievous.
Now, Jan's easy - you Skins fans know her as Effy Stonem, who was a huge part of my creating muse for Jan. I wanted someone that would look differently enough from me (not All-American) and have pictures of how I imagined Jan, which was pretty much Effy.
Oh, ohohoh, yes.
When I first wrote Adele, the only difference between us was that 1) she's a ginger and I'm a blonde, 2) I danced and she played soccer. Up until Jan's creation, Addy and I were still pretty much the same person, but post-college I'm now pretty much 50/50 Addy/Jan.
Jan was a combo of various difficult-to-deal-with characters I saw around, and she's definitely my more difficult and unfiltered (polite filter) side.

IRL
Who am I?: Well.... If you all have Facebook and are part of HBH's group, I'm the one with "Adele" in my name. To the rest of you, I really do prefer Adele or Addy. Sorry, but it's amazing how paranoid one can get about Google and other internet searches.
Am I Greek or Roman/who is my IRL God or Goddess parent?: I think I've finally decided I'm a Roman. I love order to bits, and like one of our Praetors, I'm strangely and very weirdly content sitting and doing paperwork and filling at my 9-5 job. But I'd have to say my parent would most likely be Athena - I'm currently in school for engineering, and I can honestly say I've woken up from the middle of a nice, deep sleep because I've realized I solved a math problem on that test wrong, and I can't go back to sleep until I found and fixed the mistake. Also, I'm blond and have darker-than-usual blue eyes that could be grey.
Other than Athena, I'm going to be super humble (sarcasm intended) and say Zeus (this is the one part of Adele she and I have both grown into). I say this because I'm most definitely not the typical "nerd" - I only started recently wearing glasses (I love my contacts to bits), I'm short, I'm relatively sociable, I'm athletic, I'm outside enough that my tan is unhealthily dark, I'm not always shy, I don't know Star Wars or Star Trek backwards and forwards, and I do get quotes from the two mixed up, I like being picked for "team leader," and I absolutely love pushing the boundaries. I'm a proud member of the 26% of my school that is female, and the major I've picked will have about one girl for every five guys. (Wow, that's a rant. I'm done, I'm sorry.)
What’s my position?: Mod.
How long have I been on HBH?: Oh...... Erm. A few days a way from four years, actually... July of '09.
I feel old.
What am I doing with my life?: I'm about to be a sophomore at the Colorado School of Mines, and I'll be majoring in metallurgy and materials engineering, and most likely a minor in mining engineering.
Where do I want to end up/what’s my ultimate dream?: Well. One day, I hope to end up in California, working for a company I know is super friendly with my school, merrily pulling apart large rods of various metals in stress testing and having no one notice the evils laughs I produce everytime I find an alloy that suits my needs. And being an active member in my California's family life.
When I’m feeling down, what do I do?: Ooh. Last year, I'd retreat to my dorm's basement and dance it out - I spent 11 years as an Irish dancer, and that's not an easily quitable habit. Otherwise, I tend to rant and just generally be unpleasant to be around.
When I’m feeling upbeat, what do I do?: Everything. Eat, skip, go outside to work on my tan, socialize...
What’s my “style”?: So on this amazing staff retreat I went on, we managed to figure out I'm blue-green (color personality thingy. I'm NOT gold or orange), and a direct communicator (which has a tendency to come off as bossy and insensitive). I'm actually not insensitive, but I really do hate it when people just ignore/misread instructions, so I try to make my words as clear as possible, which is where the bossy and insensitive comes in. I promise I do actually care and don't mean to hurt you! Also, please take what I say with a grain of salt - I'm sarcastic. I often forget to point out I'm using sarcasm.
Why do I love HBH?: Oh, dear. This is a repeat by now, but HBH is the only RPG I've stuck with. It's not my first, but it'll probably be my last. The community here is much tighter than almost anything else I've encountered, and it's far easier to talk to anyone on here and be accepted and make friends.
Why do I love being Staff?: *points waaaaaaaaaaaay up high* I like being team leader *shrug*. This is far from a power grab for me - leaders are the people who need to lead by example to most, so by you all trusting me with power, you all are holding me to an expectation I have to meet, and I do my best to. You all push me, and I hope I'm pushing you to excel.
I'd also like to point out I'm one of the staff members who, once upon a time, was not staff. I was picked for the first round of Senior Members after a rigorous application, and I was only extended an invite to green-land once the moderators (at that time) realized they needed a replacement for someone who had recently left - I wasn't born into staff.
What are my greatest strengths?: Math. Science. School. Being sassy about boys. Post length. Colors. Coding involving colors. Unconventional Lists. Overcommitting myself outside of the site (this is why I'm not around during the school year). Eating everything.
What are my weaknesses that I’m always working on?: Typos. My demeanor, off site and on it. Organization. The dislike I have of conventional breakfast foods. My really, really bad humor that tried to get you to laugh at the breakfast food stuff (even though it's completely true). Writing for the sake of a purpose, rather than words. (This is a school-oriented weakness, but this site it pretty much the only place I get to work on it regularly...) Also, using WAY too many words in SWP threads - Christmas threads are very subject to this.
You should come to me if...: Activity list, primarily. But I've found I'm decent at helping people wade through problems, even when I'm not face-to-face with them, and I can summerize the first year of college pretty accurately and succinctly, and I'm perfectly willing to sit down and talk with any of you about big steps forward, or the silly stuff, like pranking your friends. In fact, you need to PM me now if you have a prank idea you want someone to try and report on the results on.
Why my HBH is your HBH too: Despite my odd activity habits at the beginning of my membership and over the past nine months, you guys can't understand how much this site has meant to me in the meantime. I know I can't be the only person that was touched that deeply by the member base here, and I want to make sure you all have an equally positive experience as I did.
You want to talk?  Let’s do it!: I do prefer PM or Skype (karebear256), just please understand PM is by far the fastest. I'm not on Skype often, and when I am, I'm in a rush (it's a great file-transfer medium). If you all are, again, on FB and part of the HBH group, feel free to FB message me, but I can't guarentee that I'll check my "other" inbox with any regularity over the school year...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:53 pm

RPG
Who am I?: Avery Kessell and Jackson Dupree
What color do I speak in?: Same as above. One step ahead. Orangered for Avery, Forestgreen for Jackson
Three words to describe my character(s): Avery – Jerkish, abrasive, sarcastic. Jackson – Flirty, decent, awkward.
Who are my playbys/why did I choose the faces I did?: I chose Andrew Garfield for Avery because I was sort of amazed by him at the time of making Avery. He was great in The Social Network and he easily became one of my favorite actors. Even as a straight guy I think he’s pretty dashing. I didn’t choose the portrayer for Jackson, Matt Dallas. It was either Addie or Addy that did(it’s been awhile, don’t hate me) and I thought he was a good choice so I went with it.
Avery is my inside personality, I’m a pretty easy-going guy it seems but I have a bit of a temper that I’ve gotten really good at keeping in and I let that out as Avery at times. Jackson is a good bit of my outside personality. He likes to flirt when he can but is pretty awkward around girls when the flirting actually works. He’s a decent guy like I try to be but has his downsides. Also, I’m not a “Canadian Prince”.

IRL
Who am I?: The one and only MILES.
Am I Greek or Roman/who is my IRL God or Goddess parent?: I’d definitely be Greek but my Godly parent is not really known to me. I’d like to think I’m a son of Hermes but I also sort of think that Nemesis is good for me too, I like the whole rivalry thing and whatnot.
What’s my position?: Mod
How long have I been on HBH?: . . . June, 28th 2009. Over four years now. Jeesh.
What am I doing with my life?: I’m currently in Community College to save some money before switching to a university in about another year-year and a half. I’m heading into my second year now.
Where do I want to end up/what’s my ultimate dream?: I’d love to be a computer engineer, that’ll be my major. I know it’s a long and difficult road but I’m prepared and maybe one day you’ll be using technology that I helped discover.
When I’m feeling down, what do I do?: Video games. Whether mindless killing in things such as Call of Duty or zombie games or sports games like MLB: The Show or Fifa, they help take my mind off of things.
When I’m feeling upbeat, what do I do?: This is when I like to RP. I have muse and don’t feel like I’m wasting my time doing things that aren’t worthwhile(which is how RPing feels when I’m stressed.) I also like hanging with friends and doing stuff on my own like movies and such when I’m in a good mood. Nothing beats catching a matinee by yourself in an almost empty theatre.
What’s my “style”?: Coincidentally, my Hillywood award speaks for this one. I’m pretty laid back and follow the “Yes, well, whatever” lifestyle if at all possible. I don’t like letting little things bug me if it’s avoidable.
Why do I love HBH?: I love being able to get creative with people I feel comfortable with and with having known so many people on here for years now, it’s easy and fun.
Why do I love being Staff?: I don’t. It’s evil and time consuming and everyone becomes afraid of you. Kidding. No, not really. Everyone does become afraid of you whether or not they want to admit it. *coughcough*
What are my greatest strengths?: I’m pretty good with computers and having people like me.
What are my weaknesses that I’m always working on?: Haha. Me. . . weaknesses. Clearly it’s not humility. Nah, really, I’m working on not stressing out about everything and not letting anxiety get to me.
You should come to me if...: If you like video games and being awesome.
Why my HBH is your HBH too: Because you have also joined the site. HURRAY. YOU’VE PASSED THE HARDEST AND ONLY STEP.
You want to talk? Let’s do it!:Skype: Dudeitsmiles, KIK: Dudeitsmiles, Email:Dudeitsmiles@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:50 am

RPG
Who am I?: Easton Wright and Paisley Sinclair
What color do I speak in?: Easton speaks in steelblue and Paisley in #B22222
Easton - Friendly, competitive, arrogant
Paisley - Flirty, hotheaded, damaged
Who are my playbys/why did I choose the faces I did?: I picked Matt Lanter for Easton because I loved him on 90210 and he looks a lot like how I had pictured Easton in my head. As for Paisley, I'm actually not a Doctor Who fan (I've actually never seen it) as every assumes since I use Karen Gillan for her. I just searched 'red headed actresses' and she was the closest to who I had pictured Paisley as.
Do I relate in any way to my character(s)?: For the most part, I'm not too much like my characters. For Easton, I guess the only similarities are that we're both from Texas, I'm pretty friendly like he is, I'm also a bit socially awkward, and I'm pretty loyal to my friends. As for Paisley, the only real similarities I have with her are regarding my temper and hotheadedness but she is WAY worse than I am. But not to worry y'all, I'm not that bad and since this is online, none of y'all will witness it! (:

IRL
Who am I?: Rachel or Mal
Am I Greek or Roman/who is my IRL God or Goddess parent?: I would definitely be Greek, there's no doubt about it. Honestly, since there are parts of my characters that are so much like me, especially Mal, I would probably say Iris or Ares. Iris because of my friendly nature, dedication to my friends, and my intense love of both horses and bright colors. I know this pretty much contradicts what I just said about being friendly but it would make complete sense if you knew me IRL, I promise, but Ares because of my temper, crankiness at times, and hotheadedness.
What’s my position?: Senior Member
How long have I been on HBH?: Three years in October
What am I doing with my life?: I'm about to start my senior year of high school so I'm kind of freaking out about the whole applying for college thing, especially since what I want to do is only offered at about four schools in the country.. Other than that, I don't have time to do a lot since I'm a section editor for my school's yearbook, in a few clubs, in the IB program at my school, and I volunteer weekly at the Humane Society.
Where do I want to end up/what’s my ultimate dream?: My dream is to become a horse vet but I'm not sure if that will happen because honestly, I'm not sure if I could ever euthanize a horse, or any animal for that matter, and vet school is extremely difficult to get in to. If I don't become a vet or whatever reason, I just know that I want to do something with horses which is why I really want to major in Equine Sciences with a minor in Agricultural Business at Auburn University so that I'll still have something with horses to fall back on.
When I’m feeling down, what do I do?: Read tearjerker books, watch sad movies, listen to sad music. Basically I just keep to myself and surround myself in sadness.
When I’m feeling upbeat, what do I do?: Hang out with friends, RP, listen to music (music is kind of my life), and bake.
What’s my “style”?: I'm pretty much brutally honest and straightforward. I've found out that coddling someone doesn't really help them much in life but at the same time you can't be too harsh, there's a middle ground somewhere that you have to find. If you ask me for my opinion on something, or anything of the sorts, I'll tell you exactly what I think. I won't be rude about it, but I won't beat around the bush either.
Why do I love HBH?: I love it because it was my first RPing site and has really helped me improve my writing significantly. I've joined quite a few RPing sites but I've never stayed with any of them like I have HBH. It also introduced me to the graphics world (which even though I'm not part of anymore, there's still part of me that loves it).
Why do I love being Staff?: I love this site so much, it's helped me grow so much as a writer and I love being able to help people do the same as well as try and give back to this wonderful site! (:
What are my greatest strengths?: I'm a good listener and I'm good at helping people with their problems. Kind of like Paisley, though not to the extent of her's, I've been through a lot and I find because of that, it's easy for me to help others with their problems. My dedication to my friends. I love them more than anything and I'm always there if they need something. Baking, I'm a pretty good baker. As for strengths in the RP world, I'm pretty creative and I'm generally good with post lengths.
What are my weaknesses that I’m always working on?: Staying active for prolonged periods of time. I have a problem when it comes to activity and I'm definitely trying to work on that. I always come back though. As much as I want to stay away because when I become active, I'm on constantly and it's just bad for my RL, I can't. I just keep coming back. My temper. That's a big thing that I'm trying to work on. Also my sarcastic and sassy nature. At times I like it but most of the time it just causes issues.
You should come to me if...: If you ever need someone to talk to about anything, I'm here. As I said before, I'm a good listener and I love to help. Or just listen if you're anything like me and sometimes just need to ramble about something to figure it out. Plots! I love to help develop/refine plots so if you're ever having trouble coming up with the last few details for a plot or character, or even if you just have a rough idea, hit me up, I'd be happy to help! Also, I'd love to plot with you!! (:
Why my HBH is your HBH too: HBH is really just one big family that loves each other. That's honestly how I view it and I really hope all of y'all do too!
You want to talk?  Let’s do it!: I always have my phone with me so really PM works since I check the site often (though I normally forget to check the PM thing on my phone so it takes me a while to realize I have an unread PM a lot of the time), but honestly email (rachelkkno@yahoo.com) works better, Skype (rachel.katherine.k) is okay, and Facebook (just make sure you tell me who you are if you add me) or phone (PM for my number if you wanna text!) work the best! (:

Back to top Go down

Post by Calla Torquatus Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:41 am

RPG
       Who am I?: Calla Torquatus, and Adrian Spruit
       What color do I speak in?: Calla speaks in #cc0099 and Adri speaks in #3366ff
       Three words to describe my character(s): Calla--stubborn, theatrical, Roman loyal
   Adrian--shattered, healing, hesistant
       Who are my playbys/why did I choose the faces I did?:  Calla has the face of Amanda Seyfried.  Um.  I actually used her face for a plot/relationship thing that has been off and on the SOMEONE Grace keeps switching out that char...
   Adrian has the face of Jared S. Gilmore.  Actually, he started off as Jared...then switched to Freddie Highmore...and is now Jared again...soooo.  I dunno, I guess, while Freddie (as a kid) fit nicely, thinking as a graphics artist, I realised he didn't have many decent pictures to use XD  And Jared fits, was totally influenced by Once
       Do I relate in any way to my character(s)?:  Heh.  Okay.  Calla, while super out-spoken, solves her problems with her fists, and is the epitome of Rome and Mars...and I'm a lowly eighteen-year-old who rarely speaks her mind, and never does anything violent...We are actually very similar.  Like Addie, I was going through a rough time when I had the idea for Calla, my best friend unbiological-sister passed away unexpectedly, so I just had this empty void of a life for just short of a year.  Calla lost her sister in an unfortunate event.  Other than that, I wanted a character who I could put all of my frustrations into to get them out.  I was working a job that I came home and ranted about for hours to some of my friends because it was ridiculous.  So, really instead of bottling everything like I usually do, I had something to get it out.

As for Adrian, we're fairly different.  I'm mostly sane, while he suffers from DID (Dissociative Identity Disorder) from an abusive stepfather.  I guess if I looked hard enough there is bound to be some similarities, but just in the grand scheme of things, we're mostly different.

IRL
       Who am I?: heh, I go by Jenn online XD
       What’s my position?: Mod :3
       How long have I been on HBH?:  Oh gosh, four years as of June 24th :3
       What am I doing with my life?:  I'm currently college searching.  I graduated High School on May 28th, went on a three-week choir tour with the Minnesota All-State Lutheran Choir.  That was a blast, it actually made me want to go into Choral Ed, which is what I'm hoping to double major with alongside Social Studies Ed.  I blame my Greeks and Romans teacher
       Where do I want to end up/what’s my ultimate dream?:  Ultimate dream, I'd love to have a book published, be a teacher at a nice community, and teach as long as my life lasts.
       When I’m feeling down, what do I do?:  Music.  Think MadeYewLook on YouTube.
       When I’m feeling upbeat, what do I do?:  Um...I like to jump around XD  and dance.  I'm not very good, but it's confined to my house XDDD Online, regularly, if I'm in a good mood, I'll jump on people.  It's kind of a thing XD.  RP with people.
       What’s my “style”?: Graphics:  I like grunge-y things...but I'm always experimenting....  Writing:  Poetic?  Does that count?
       Why do I love HBH?:  This was my first ever RP.  Um.  Yeah.  The fact that I'm still here after four years is definitely saying something.  This place is honestly home to me.  We're all a big family, that usually gets along :3  I don't know, I guess when I think of HBH, I can't help but smile.  Just all of the people here are so wonderful, and caring.  The plots are usually the second best thing.  I love that literally, you have PM someone for a plot, and within six months you can be best friends.
       Why do I love being Staff?:  OMG.  BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT EVER.  -JUMPS ON CARA-
   Yeah...I was promoted on my birthday XDDDD
       What are my greatest strengths?: Apparently, I'm a really good listener.  And apparently you people think I'm good at graphics >.>   Other than that,-random-  I'm very good at being random...and accents.  Like, I will be watching Harry Potter, Sherlock, or Torchwood, and I'll pick up an accent.  It's kind of weird.  But, hey, that's what getting an accent that isn't your real accent at age seven will do to you.    >.>  umm....I like RPing XD People say that I have good posts, and I just sit there all potato turtle-like...
       What are my weaknesses that I’m always working on?:  I'm always trying to find a way to talk to people.  I'm actually really shy with the people that I don't know...but if you put me in the right crowd, I'm sometimes the life of the party.  But, if you put me on a camp...for a week...with 38 strangers (I knew one person >.<)...oh gosh, that was awkward...  But, I'm really trying to just open up, and being less shy, more open when it comes to new people/situations.
       You should come to me if...: BECAUSE I'M SUPER FUN.  Lolz.  JK.  I'm pretty flexible with plots, and RPing.  I like to listen to people if you ever need a rant buddy :3 Other than that...I'm usable XDDDD  I'm pretty decent with advice to...just not relationship advice.  Go to other people for that XDDD
      Why my HBH is your HBH too:  BECAUSE IT'S HOME.  I seriously consider this place my second home....And everyone knows the saying.... Mi queso casa es su casa.   HBH is love, HBH is life...
       You want to talk?  Let’s do it!: PM me up!  Or add me on Skype zynthilos.  Twitter  @zynthilos (I don't check this much XD) Facebook if you want to hunt me down on the Facebook page :3

Last edited by Calla Torquatus on Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Calla Torquatus
Calla Torquatus
Legacy of Mars Translaticius
Second Cohort
Centurion

Female Number of posts : 1240
Registration date : 2013-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Ioannou Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:30 pm

RPG
Who am I?: Just Mia Ioannou for right now. Wink
What color do I speak in?: Mia speaks in #1cbbb4
Three words to describe my character(s): Friendly, geek, teasing
Who are my playbys/why did I choose the faces I did?: Well, I suck at finding playbys, so Calla helped me find Briana Evigan
Do I relate in any way to my character(s)?: Oh, totally. Mia appearance is what I would love to have but my parents would kill me over, and I have similar views on my family and friends as she.

IRL
Who am I?: I go by many things, honestly, but Kaitlyn (tis my real name) or Moony works fine. Or Mia if you feel weird about calling me either. XD
What’s my position?: Mod, yo.
How long have I been on HBH?: I've been on the site since the May of it's inception. So a little over 6 years? Idk, I'm bad at math. XD
What am I doing with my life?: I'm a college student. I attend Benedict College in Columbia, South Carolina
Where do I want to end up/what’s my ultimate dream?: I want to live in a city. Maybe London, New York, Seattle, who knows really? I actually not sure about what big dream I have right now. I'm just focusing on not dying from school work, or the fact that I'm almost 18. ^^"
When I’m feeling down, what do I do?: listen to music or play my Xbox, read, draw
When I’m feeling upbeat, what do I do?: talk to people, play my Xbox,  read, draw, dance in my room while listening to music.
What’s my “style”?: that really weird, distant cousin that has the strangest things to say at the weirdest moments that are strangely funny? But seriously, I can be kind and gentle, or brutally honest with a "I'm not putting up with your crap" attitude.
Why do I love HBH?: It's like my home, honestly. It's really helped me developed as a person, and I've met so many amazing people on there, that I just cannot get enough of this place.
Why do I love being Staff?: I've been on here for so long that I feel like I can really help the site and make it even better than it is now (How cliche, I know, but tis true. Razz).
What are my greatest strengths?: Oh jeez. I suck at complimenting myself, so here we go XD Um... I guess you could say that I'm pretty open to talk about whatever. And always there for whoever needs me. :3
What are my weaknesses that I’m always working on?: I can get pretty defensive (shouldn't be a problem on here since I go over everything two or three times before I post to check. XD), and I'm terrible with procrastination. Absolutely awful with it. Sorry. ^^"
You should come to me if...: If you need anything at all, honestly. I am here for you. So if you need help with an app, or you're having issues with real life, talk to/message/call/text/anything other means of communication me, and I'll get back to you ASAP. :3
Why my HBH is your HBH too: You know, I really thought long and hard about all of this, and couldn't really come up with much. So... I'll just wing it? In the time that I've been here, HBH has changed so much, just like it's changed me. While I miss the time when I could churn out replies that were barely 50 words in 30 minutes, I like the way HBH has changed, and I realize that it will continue to do so for however long this site stays around (hopefully forever. ^^"). It's hard to say what my HBH is to yours or how our two views of it fit together, but in some miraculous way, they do. HBH has been called the home of so many, so it's only fitting that everyone would find a different niche to call their own. Given that... HBH will continue to change in the years ahead, becoming whatever it's members make of it. Your HBH and my HBH are one and the same, it just depends on how one looks at it. :3
You want to talk?  Let’s do it!: PM me, email me (pjo_rox@yahoo.com), Skype me (kaitlyn.piper), add me on facebook (just tell me who you are and junk first, ok?), whatever. Hell, send me smoke signals if you want. XD
Mia Ioannou
Mia Ioannou
Daughter of Jupiter Unitio
First Cohort

Female Number of posts : 1435
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum