A Chaotic Meeting (Luthien)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Chaotic Meeting (Luthien)

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:05 am

Riley Rourke never, never ever tried to find trouble. But somehow, it always find its own way back to her, no matter how hard she tried to avoid it. Take it what happened before she even knew she was a Roman kid. An inspector questioned her for first degree murder, even though all she did was protecting herself from a monster attack. A Cyclops, to be honest. One of the most horrible monsters around, besides the bird lady she encountered at the library or even the hellhound when she was on her journey to the Roman Camp. But somehow, all the blame went to her.

And this time, it was a spat with one of the soldiers in the other cohort. Sure, they had settled it the old-fashion way, or if Riley wants to call it, her way: by a wrestling match. Not exactly a fair way to settle a problem, since she was so good at it. But the guy agreed, so there she was, showing off her skills to someone that… just basically accepting rather than fighting for himself. However, she was not still satisfied. Desperately seeking for another way out, the spiky girl decided to talk to a higher level, a Centurion perhaps. Or since it was a matter between cohorts, maybe a Praetor would do the deed.

So there she was, walking around Camp and yanking random Romans for answers. Riley tried to ask nicely, but somehow everybody just mistook her as a really buff boy, and chose to scamper away rather than answering. So when she asked for the tenth time, she stomped her feet out of frustration, causing the young soldiers to whimper and told her about the current Praetor in a stuttering voice. Riley knew he was Calix Kiril, which stayed in her cohort as well. But sadly she never met the guy. So when she asked where he could be to her previous answerer, they simply pointed at the Principia: one of the main buildings in Camp, a place where Praetors go to do their jobs. Or so they said.

After reaching the main door, Riley cleared her throat and tried knocking. She waited there for a few seconds, but there’s no answer. Sighing, she tried to call out. “Hello? Mr. Kiril? I mean, Calix? Are you here?” But when she peeked in, there’s nobody around. Glaring in disbelief, Riley abruptly scoffed and turned around, walking in a subtle rage. However, she bumped someone instead, causing them to fall down since her body is fairly toned. “Mother freakin’ hug- I’m sorry. That was accidental.” Riley tried to help the girl, but her aura was somewhat… negative. Chaotic. So she changed her mind by raising both of her hands above her shoulder. “Hey, I’m sorry. I really do.”

Back to top Go down

Re: A Chaotic Meeting (Luthien)

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:17 am

Lúthien was feeling extremely uneasy. It was a feeling she was used to, as she had the typical demigod symptoms of ADHD and dyslexia. Still, Lúthien could control herself fairly well, the unease she felt was something that was nothing short of a very bad sign. Whenever Lúthien was uneasy, it brought the instinct to search change, chaos and destruction. She'd spent the larger part of the day in the woods with habits that showed just how bad her unease was getting. Lúthien wasn't a person to use physical force of any kind. She remain calm and took her anger out by making others fight. Today that wasn't what she needed, the unease started to get physical. With a scream of frustration the girl continued her path through the woods. Behind her was a trail of broken branches and trees with marks that were not a good sign for anybody to cross her path. Lúthien took a deep breath. With one final kick that broke another branch, she made her way back to camp Jupiter. She really needed to do something, see somebody.

Luckily for Lúthien, the two people she considered for talking both housed in the same place. Her hand found the ring on the chain around her neck, as it always did when Lúthien desired close contact to the one who'd given it to her. She looked at the ring, reading the newest names on it with a smile. Joshua and Calix, her boyfriend and his father, whom she'd never even met yet. Maybe that needed to happen to settle the Austrian girl down. She absently nodded to herself as she passed the guards who shifted nervously as they sensed her aura of chaos. It couldn't be healthy at all and at times she wondered how anybody managed being around her without going completely insane. At times she wondered how Calix managed that but seeing the amount of order and organisation in his life made her feel that the chaos might just be a welcome change. Or at least, she hoped it was. She didn't want it to be a nuisance to him in any way as she wanted a future with him, more than anything. She wanted to talk to him or pick a fight with her brother, strangely thinking it would help against the need to get moving again. Lúthien didn't do staying in one place without changes for a very long time. It was too orderly, and Lúthien needed chaos.

When she reached the Principia she noticed (with some minor irritation) that she wasn't the only one who wanted to talk. Still, that person was polite, knocking. She tried calling out. She tried peeking in. Lúthien would have chuckled if she'd been in a better mood. Still, she probably should have tried for Praetor Kiril rather than his first name. The girl turned just as Lúthien was close and naturally, she knocked Lúthien to the ground. Even at the best days Lúthien got irritated when people knocked her over but this wasn't a good day. Radiation swirled around her as she clambered to her feet. She didn't need the help of the girl, who was wise enough to say she was sorry. "I don't care." Lúthien stated bluntly. She dusted off her clothes and looked at the other girl. "I heard you were looking for Praetor Kiril, just give me a moment to see if he's in." She said and instantly walked into the Principia, not even bothering to knock. She quickly looked (even in their private quarters) but neither her brother nor her boyfriend was in. With a slightly disappointed mood she went outside to the girl. "Both Praetors are out. Oh, I'd advise you not to barge in like I did. I know both Praetors rather well since the one is my brother and the other my boyfriend so I can get away with it." She said in what was probably the nicest tone of voice she could manage at that moment. "I'm Lúthien, by the way." She introduced herself with a small smile. The girl seemed like she wasn't as spineless as some of the other girls she'd met so Lúthien had the feeling they could (perhaps) get along. It would be nice to have a female friend to interact with.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:12 am

All Riley could do was blinked when the girl she bumped snap back. Oh, she would love to pound her to bits, but Riley never want to start a fight. Ever. Plus, this Lúthien was somewhat interesting, “Both Praetors are out? Bummer.” She sighed, crossing her hands while pouting a little. To be honest, she would not be so blunt like now, but Riley felt somewhat safe nowadays. Being in the Roman Camp and all. Usually, the spiky girl was uptight and pretty discipline with the way she acted. However, not now. “Then I won’t barge in again.” She looked away, scoffing. “Sorry.”The spiky girl didn’t know how things work in this camp. She didn’t expect that it would be the same with her army school. But she did knock before.

However, Riley got a little bit intrigued when Lúthien mentioned someone as her boydriend. “Wait. Cal- I mean, Praetor Kiril is your boyfriend?” She asked, eyes widened in disbelief. “Well hey, how should I know?” The girl replied, rolling her eyes momentarily when Lúthien peeked in. Riley was not an oracle, after all. Or a gut-future reader, for that matter. Since she never met the guy, she assumed that he was a loner. And only showed up when the time was needed, when he was suppose to take charge and all. But to actually have a girlfriend, a chaotic one in fact… She wouldn’t even guess it in the first place. Frowning a little, she scooted closer when she wanted to ask something. “Do you know where he is then? I, um… kinda need to talk to him. A bit.” She wanted to tell Lúthien about her problems, but she might not take it well. So she decided to stay quiet, listening for her answer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:01 am

Lúthien smiled a small smile when the girl seemed almost stunned with disbelief when she mentioned that one of the Praetors was her boyfriend. Lúthien wasn't sure how much the girl knew but she either knew that Elijah was her brother, Elijah was gay or somehow took a proper guess as she placed her in a relationship with Calix. "Yes, Calix is my boyfriend. I'm just not sure he'd like it if people just call him Calix. The first time we met he introduced himself as Praetor Kiril and it took a while before he decided to give his first name. He's traditional and tends to stick to the rules." Lúthien said with a smile. Thinking of her boyfriend always brought a smile to her face, unless it was him going into a rage. Lúthien had (at times) thought about what would happen if Calix and Galen were to meet and Calix knew what Galen had done to her. Bad was probably just the summary in that case. Lúthien didn't really want that to happen as she feared Calix losing his temper. That would be a bad thing.

Lúthien was pulled out of her musing when the other girl asked where he was. No introductions. Hmm, slightly rude at her part but Lúthien wasn't the most social person either. Lúthien did give it some thought. Where was Calix? She tried to remember his schedule but she honestly didn't have the mind for it. He was the orderly one, she disturbed his order for him. "I'm clueless. I tried learning his schedule but I guess I'm not good with the entire order thing." Lúthien said with a careless shrug. It wasn't her business to always know where he was, it wasn't her deal to know his location. She honestly thought it was too much bother. Calix needed his order just as much as she needed her chaos. They brought each other a much needed balance and Lúthien was grateful for that. She looked at the other girl with a calculating look. "I think I missed your name just yet." She said softly, although there was no anger or even judgement in her voice. It was the usual void, the one certain people got used to while others nearly freaked out because of it. Lúthien got used to it, as she didn't care much at all. It wasn't in her nature to be caring.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:43 am

Riley nodded a few times when Lúthien mentioned that Praetor Calix would never want to be called by his first name. Well if he was around for real, then things would be awkward. However, the girl was never the best person to socialize. Her methods were either be quiet and listen, or with fist and yelling. Both were never as effective as just talking, but she sucked at that big time. Even when this chaotic girl tried to talk to her, all Riley could do was stand there like a tree instead of a person.

The last time she talked to someone this long, it was either asking for help on in a fight. Even when asking help, she lack of pretty words to say, such as ‘please’ or ‘thank you’. Mostly because there’s no one around to teach her. Gordon spent most of his time as a soldier, and when he got back for good, it was Riley that had to go to the military school. The timing was never right. That’s why the spiky girl was so boyish; he only got his uncle to play with when she was little until now. Even what she wore now, which was a baggy camouflage pants, green t-shirt and army boots, all courtesy of Gordon Rourke. Did Riley ever shop? Of course. She just never wore the stuff, period.

Then she heard Lúthien talking about schedule and how bad it was for her to keep up with Calix. At this, the unclaimed accidentally snorted. “Sorry.” She murmured, sniffing and brushing her nose with her thumb afterwards. Riley was a very discipline person to begin with, so when she heard something such as that… It didn’t match with her personality. Keeping a schedule wasn’t that hard. In fact, it was rather simple. People nowadays have smartphones, and Riley got a notebook to keep up with her strict day. “Oh, I’m Riley.” She introduced herself (finally), then nodded at Lúthien. “Unclaimed. I take it you’re the daughter of the chaotic goddess…” She wanted to guess, but she was afraid of ticking of Lúthien even more. He tend to do that to people, sadly. Courtesy of her awkwardness. But… a new friend wouldn’t hurt, would it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:41 am

This girl was ... frustrating. She just stood there and if Lúthien thought her socials skills were lacking, it was nothing compared to the complete lack that his girl showed. She even snorted at Lúthien's refusal to keep up with schedule. Lúthien gave the girl an amused look as she said her she was sorry. "I don't think you are though." She said, throwing the truth out there with her usual display of cold carelessness. In all honesty, Lúthien didn't care at all if the girl thought it a bad thing that Lúthien couldn't keep track of a schedule. She'd known from the first day of her claiming that wasn't going to happen, period. Chaos wasn't something that stuck to expectations or schedules. Lúthien didn't try with her own schedule and she'd tried with Calix's but failed horribly. Schedules simply didn't work for the daughter of chaos and discord. Her nature wasn't that way and she wasn't going to change to fit in the ideal of this girl.

When the girl introduced herself as Riley Lúthien didn't really respond to that. When she called her the daughter of the chaotic goddess Lúthien felt herself starting to radiate. "I'm her daughter, for as far as that applies." She said sceptically. She didn't see Discordia as a mother or even a motherly figure. She already had a mother for all she cared, even though her mother lived in Austria and had adopted her. Discordia was more like an annoying mentor of sorts. Plenty of kids she was responsible for but she didn't care enough about them to give them the attention they required. It was simply the way Lúthien looked at the relationship with her birth mother, as the two were complete strangers for as far as Lúthien was concerned. Whether or not her mother watched over her, it didn't matter to Lúthien. She actually preferred her mother didn't. She'd be fine on her own after all.

"So did you want to go looking for them? I can try to help as I have nothing... scheduled." Lúthien said, mainly in an attempt to put off the other girl. Not because she didn't like her or because she wanted her to leave. Lúthien was attempting to test the girl in the best way she could manage, a verbal attack that was sneaky and subtle. A hidden tripwire that hardly anybody noticed until they'd fallen and opened an attack. How often had Lúthien gotten people intro trouble so far just by talking to them? Well, not as many within the Roman camp as back in Austria but still a large amount. It was Lúthiens way of keeping boredom at bay and keeping people distant from her. She didn't want people to get close because she didn't want to care. She didn't care and preferred to keep it that way. It made things easier, almost comically simple. That, and it protected her at first. By now it was a habit and a part of who she was. Lúthien didn't care about anybody but a fair few people. Calix, Ember, Galen, even Elijah up to a certain point. All these people had done something that had gotten them close to her. Impossibly close. Lúthien could tell she had the same risk with this rude girl but that didn't stop her, she could still fight it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:55 pm

When Lúthien said she didn’t think Riley was sorry, all the spiky girl could do was giving her a sheepish smile. Maybe she didn’t feel that way after all. Guilt was something she rarely know; except if it was connected with her uncle or… nah, just her uncle. Riley didn’t have any friends that she should feel guilty of, and also no parents. But as to the godly one, according to her heritage… She hadn’t meet him or her yet. Not sure that she wanted to, though. As soon as Riley mentioned chaos, she could feel it emanating from Lúthien. Did she say something wrong? “Em. Sorry for bringing it up.” She murmured, now feeling it quite well. The guilt part, that is. Did this mean that the chaotic dark-haired girl was her friend now…?

No, that’s too soon. They just met. Friends meant they should at least share a secret. At least, that’s how they do it in books. Riley spent a fair amount of time reading those girly novels, secretly of course. Otherwise the boys that sparred with her would have the time of their lives. Riley was that suckish when making friends, she had to learn it from books and novel instead of trying to find one directly in real life. Unless knowing the other’s mother was a secret… Setting that thought aside, the spiky girl shoved her hands on her pants’ pocket while smiling at Lúthien. She could sense a small sarcasm at her words, pressing at the ‘schedule’ part. But since she got free time the entire day, Riley just nodded. “Sure. Why not?” Not even a mild play of words could ruin her day now. “I might be discipline, but I know my own schedule. And I got nothing for the day except to find, um…” She frowned, trying to remember how to call the man in charge once again. “Praetor Kiril. I mean, Praetor Calix. Uh, you know what I mean.”

If Riley was emotional, things would be much different. She could punch the life out of the girl in front of her now, no matter how chaotic she might be. But somehow, she actually felt comfortable. Maybe because her life was so organized, now she felt content with a little bit of fun or, to put it bluntly, chaos in her daily routine. Kicking a pebble, Riley tried to start a conversation. “So, I guess you’ve been here long. Maybe a few months, hm?” She hoped she didn’t suck too much. Otherwise she might have to think about this all over again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top