Proper Self Defense? ((Lúthien Anárion))

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Proper Self Defense? ((Lúthien Anárion))

Post by Elijah Emmanual-Wheelan on Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:10 pm

It had been awhile since Elijah had promised his sister how to throw a punch, and now that planning and the actual Valentine's Day dance was over, it seemed like the perfect time. Having sent word to Lúth to meet him in the arena that morning, the boy was just finishing up his morning routine. Every morning at six, Elijah woke up to take an hour run around camp, and then straight to the arena to train with his daggers. It was a strict seven day a week routine, the boy didn't want to give himself any breaks. But this morning he was cutting his training session a tiny bit short so he could help Lúth out. Elijah knew his sister probably wouldn't be too happy about leaving bed in the cold at 7:45 in the morning, but it was really the most time the boy had in the day. With a sigh, the son of Discordia checked his watch. Lúth should (and had better) be there any moment now. In preparation, Elijah opened his poison rings, his daggers disappearing, and replaced the torn to shreds straw dummy he had been practicing on with a new one. There was no way the boy was risking his sister breaking her hand again because he had a hard head or whatever. And there was no way he was going to demonstrate on Lúth.

And not only was Elijah going to teach his sister how to throw a punch, Lúth was going to try and help him with chaos control. No one wanted a repeat of what had happened after the whole thing with Jack where Elijah had been radiating so badly it was like a nuclear bomb had been dropped on camp. The boy was hoping Lúth would be able to help him with all that. His sister always seemed to have such control over her chaos, over her radiating. Sure, she radiated (and pretty badly at times), but she had a lot more control over it than Elijah did. The boy radiated over the smallest things and usually pretty horribly...at least, enough to effect others. Was that normal? At any rate, just thinking about how his radiation had effected Jack made Elijah sick and radiate a little. With a deep breath, the boy managed to calm himself enough to stop the radiation. He couldn't help thinking about Jack though...but that had been happening a lot lately. The son of Discordia noticed the familiar tightening in his chest...something he had first thought was some sort of manipulation on Jack's part (given his whole son of Venus thing) but was beginning to think was something a bit more than that. Cursing to himself in Latin, Elijah tried to think about other things. Anything but Jack.

Checking his watch, Elijah sighed. The boy knew he was a little crazy about being early everywhere he went, but he just liked being punctual. Lúth did not seem to agree with the sentiment. Not only was she never early, she was never on time. And a couple minutes late didn't count in the long run, but when it got longer and longer...well...Maybe it was just because Elijah was so obsessively early everywhere, but he hated when people were late. Lúth was good at being late...before the Valentine's Day dance was a nightmare. Not only was the boy's sister late, she had put up a fight with everything he tried to do to help her. Including putting on the gorgeous dress he had gotten just for her. At least this time around Lúth was going to be cooperative. She wanted to learn to throw a punch, and had said she'd help Elijah control his chaos (though to be completely honest, he wasn't sure how much much help it was going to be...Lúth was good at controlling her emotions and everything and Elijah was just...a mess).

Five minutes late...Elijah knew it wasn't right to get impatient so soon but he had other things to do today! Popping open his poison rings, his daggers appearing in his hands, the boy started playing with them anxiously. With his brain always going, his hands usually had to be doing something too. At any rate, it made the boy feel a bit better. Twirling the blades around without a second thought, Elijah watched the path down to the arena, waiting for his sister. With a sigh, Elijah tapped his foot impatiently, still twirling the daggers around. Finally, he saw Lúth walking down the path...with a grumpy look on his face, the boy called out, "I'm buying you a watch for your birthday!" Watching the girl make her way down to the arena, Elijah popped his daggers back into his poison rings. With a sigh, the boy glared...was his sister walking slow on purpose? "And I know it's not even eight in the morning, but it almost is, so stop dawdling and get down here before I decide it is okay to demonstrate punches on you!" Elijah knew he was a nightmare, but he had never dealt well with stressors. And as much as the boy loved and cared about his sister, she was definitely a stressor.

Thank you to all the Hillywood voters...so, so honored! <3
-----------------------------------------
Characters:
Elijah Emmanual-Wheelan & Devin Casales & Izzy Abney
Elijah speaks in #78c7c7
Elijah Emmanual-Wheelan
Admin
Son of Discordia Ferocimus
Third Cohort
Praetor

Male Number of posts : 2476
Registration date : 2010-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Proper Self Defense? ((Lúthien Anárion))

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:23 am

Well, Elijah had finally reached the point where he was going to try and teach Lúthien to throw a proper punch. Lúthien hadn't looked forward to it, nor had she been filled with dread. It was just something that had to happen, something that was going to happen sooner or later. In return, she'd attempt to teach her brother to control his chaos. That was something Lúthien actually wasn't sure about. She could control her own chaos unlike any of her other siblings could, she couldn't stop the radiation but she could keep it close and keep her head cool, if that was the proper description. She didn't know why that piece of herself was something she preferred to safe her brother from. Perhaps it was because she didn't interact with Elijah like they had a bond of kinship. She called him brother but that was the edge of her emotions of kinship, that was as much of a sibling he seemed to be to her. Lúthien saw him more like a strange kind of friend than like a brother of any kind. No, she knew exactly why she didn't allow Elijah to get close. Why she didn't allow herself to bond with him like siblings should. It was more than just a deep seeded fear of losing a sibling, it was not wanting to replace the one person that had treated her like a sister. Protecting and keeping her safe with such commitment that could only be that of an older brother.

Lúthiens face, usually blank with indifference, showed those subtle edges of a loss that may have been processed, but not forgotten. It would stay with her for the rest of her life. With a sigh the girl packed the flute she'd been playing. It was the only keepsake she had left from Damon, the guy she'd seen as her brother. It was dear to her, although it brought her much pain. She felt the chaos around her in the forest and smiled. It was home and strength. With a swift and elegant motion the young woman got to her feet, gathering her strength to face her brother. She was late and she knew it, it had been her intent. In a haze of conflicting feelings she nearly always locked out, Lúthien went to the arena. It was a weakness and not a small one at that. She knew Elijah was likely to be irritated enough for her to get her mind back in place, back to the cold indifference she used to greet both her brothers. Two boys she wouldn't get close to. She could bond with Kris like a sister but she kept her distance from the male relatives. Still calm and serene, Lúthien stepped on the path to the arena.

She wasn't surprised when she heard the voice of her brother yelling at her, telling her he'd get her a watch for her birthday. Her previously serene smile changed as she finally got back into her normal state of mind. It was wicked once again. "Just slightly less than a year to go, brother dear." She murmured softly but she didn't speed up as she approached the arena. The morning air was still cold but Lúthien hadn't slept that night. She'd spent the evening with Calix, sneaking away in the early morning hours to go to the woods and play on her flute. It brought her the much needed peace she had craved for when thinking about this meeting. She sensed the chaos coming from her brother and smiled, dragging it to bring up her confidence once again. Yes, perfect. She leaned against the doorpost and smiled patiently at her brother. "Most people like sleeping in when they can." She noted wisely but with a smirk on her face. She walked in and watched as her brother, judging his mood.

"If you want to practise self control and chaos control, now is a good enough time to start." She said, walking up to the dummy he was standing near to. "I'm late because learning to control your chaos isn't possible when you don't have any chaos to control. Does that irritate you?" She asked him with a small smile on her face. "But just show me some punches, just in case." She said, fully paying attention to her younger brother now. Lúthien was a strong girl on that point and it seemed at times, like she had no insecurities. She had a demanding presence but no desire or use for being admired. All she wanted was to be left to her own devices, yet to be treated like she was not just a weak girl, she wanted people to know she had an inner strength that made her nearly unbreakable. That was what she wanted and what she radiated, confidence, not arrogance. Utter surety.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Emmanual-Wheelan on Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:56 pm

While he was growing up, Elijah's dad and step-mother Jody were always running late. Picking him up from school, getting him to work, and of course, family dinners were always running behind. The rest of his family used to joke around that Jews were notoriously late, but it never really struck Elijah as funny. And now that he was away from all that nonsense, the boy supposed that that was where his aversion to running late came from. As well as the fact that everything else in his life was so terribly chaotic that a little control was nice...same with his thing about keeping his room and other spaces meticulously neat. And he supposed his obsession had just gotten so intense that he projected it onto other people now. Which was really wrong when he thought about it, but at the same time, Elijah thought it was nice when people were on time. Especially for something like this. As much as Lúth probably wasn't happy about this whole ordeal, the boy had promised his sister this day was coming. Besides, as his sister, Lúth should know how to throw a punch (even if it was just to use on him when he annoyed her without her breaking her hand on his face). As much as it would piss him off, obviously, Elijah would be pretty proud of his sister if she managed. Now if she would only show up.

Watching Lúth walk down the path, slow as you please, that stupid little smirk on her face, Elijah glared. At that moment, he didn't care about chaos control or containing his radiation or anything...the boy was frustrated. "Christmas, Chanukah, whatever comes next. I'm getting you a watch and you're getting it soon!" Elijah rolled his eyes. He knew it wouldn't matter if the girl had a million watches, she would still show up late just to get under his skin. The son of Discordia couldn't really figure out why Lúth didn't respect him, didn't really care about him...he figured it had something to do with her own story she had told him in the woods awhile ago. Maybe chaotic people just didn't know how to let people in properly (which was a pretty silly line of thought, because Elijah had let people in and Lúth had to have let Calix in...) It kind of just made Elijah wonder about everything he did wrong. There was definitely a lot...were he and his sister really that different? She certainly seemed to think so, but the boy wasn't so sure. Of course, it was a point he would rather not bring up with Lúth...it definitely wouldn't make her happy. Gods...all Elijah had ever wanted was a sibling, and now that he had one, it was a mess. Perhaps a part of it was that the two were too similar. Even though Elijah wasn't really sure how that worked.

"Sleep in tomorrow," Elijah said blandly. "You won't be wasting my time tomorrow," he added, practically feeling the smoke coming from his ears. Maybe Lúth just didn't like him because he was a jerk. That was always a possibility too. The boy knew he wasn't the nicest person in the world, but there were quite a few people who seemed to respect him (or maybe they were just afraid of him). Either way, Elijah knew he had at least a few people in his life who genuinely liked him...River, of course. Stephanie...maybe even Calix to a certain degree. The boy had never seen himself as an especially likable person...before River he had never had a friend in his life. Though he supposed a large part of that was that most people had always been afraid of him. Not just because of the fighting thing, but because he was a social pariah...he was below the lowest of the low. Even being seen with him was nothing short of social suicide. At any rate, Elijah was used to lonely. He was used to not being liked. He was used to being teased and ridiculed and...well, Elijah had always assumed his life would be a lonely one. He'd interact with people only when he had to. Camp had changed everything, and for the better. The son of Discordia had friends (and even though he had broken one of their jaws, things were fine) and he was in charge of stuff. It was kind of mind blowing.

Narrowing his eyes at Lúth's words, Elijah glared at her for a moment. "Really? And here I was thinking you were just late to get on my nerves," with a roll of his eyes, the boy shook his head. "Next time I'll remember it's some cosmic lesson bracchae," the boy snorted. "What irritates me is how incredibly infuriating you are, sis. But moving on from that..." shaking his head and stepping away from the dummy, Elijah motioned Lúth forward with a jerk of his head. "It's really not as easy to throw a good punch as you think, unless you're just kind of inclined to do so. Which you definitely are not. You obviously got some other traits from mommy dearest. And since I really don't think I can tolerate you that much, you probably can't tolerate me that much, and you apparently can't wake up early enough in the morning, I guess we'll just make this a crash course." Elijah tried to suppress a sigh...this whole morning was going to be a nightmare. "So hit the dummy. I want to see what you're doing wrong. And try not to break your hand."

Characters:
Elijah speaks in #78c7c7
Elijah Emmanual-Wheelan
Admin
Third Cohort
Praetor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:03 pm

Oh how her brother got on her nerves. Lúthien didn't react with facial expression. "You do realise my birthday is a couple of days before Christmas? And that Christmas was a few months back? Maybe you're the one that needs a watch. Not that it matters, I'll buy you a calender." She said dryly as she walked on over the path. Her brother had chosen a bad day to complain about her little habits. Apart from that, his chaos radiation and lack of desire to control it also got on her nerves. He was letting it get away with him and that irritated Lúthien. Honest to the Gods, did he have to be grumpy all the time? At least Lúthien could come up with a valid excuse once each month. She'd never heard of guys having a period. Elijah didn't have an excuse but she did and if he kept on being an ass, she'd confront him about it without a doubt. Not his behaviour, no, her own private reasons for being less than pleasant. She wasn't even mildly annoyed yet, considering the situation but her brother was way beyond bounds for this time of day. Lúthien herself was hardly radiating and was actually calm and not angry at all, just a little irritated. She'd drag him down today if he kept behaving like that. Life was hard enough without his inconsiderate foolery. It was just something Lúthien didn't want added to her day.

His next words did anger her sufficiently to get the chaos running. Her eyes narrowed and the look in her eyes instantly turned hostile. Lúthien wasn't in the mood to hold back though. "Nice to know I waste your time. I suppose you carefully planned me into your perfect schedule for the day? How much time did I get? Fourty-two minutes and fifteen seconds?" She gave him a glare that spoke of murder before she walked, radiating chaos at least as badly as her brother did. She dumped the little bag she'd carried with her in the corner, added her gladius on top of the pile and shot her brother a destructive look. "Give me one good reason not to walk out here right now so I won't be wasting any more of your precious time. It's obvious enough you don't want to do this. You probably shouldn't have promised it in the first place." She spat at him, already tempted to break her hand again just to get rid of him. He seemed to do everything he could just to make her angry. To get on her nerves and get her aggressive. It didn't even work. Despite all the anger the girl felt, she didn't have the slightest urge to hit anything at all. She already had a very impressive weapon in her voice and she didn't feel the need or desire to add physical force to it. It just wasn't in her nature and she didn't remember any time when it had been.

Elijah did the talking thing, but when he mentioned she obviously couldn't get out of bed early enough in the morning she kind of snapped. "Shut up Elijah. I heard you mumbling in Latin this morning when I got up. The walls of the Principia really aren't that noise proof, you know." She said in an irritated yet offhand voice. She was really starting to show the signs of a very bad mood although she'd been perfectly cheerful a few minutes ago. The two just increased each others anger and Lúthien could feel that happening. Still no desire to throw punches though. She actually just wanted to storm back into the woods and play her flute again, calm down and find her peace. She was fuming but with a simple shake of her head she rummaged around in the bag, taking out a small piece of paper and reading it several times. It was a tiny piece of sheet music and the print was very small. Lúthien knew the piece by heart and mentally playing the song calmed her down and she managed to gain some of her poise again. With a last breath she carefully folded the piece of paper and put it in her pocket. So he couldn't tolerate her. She turned to face her brother with her familiar empty eyes. "Stop thinking you know me. Every word makes it more obvious you don't know or care about the things that stop me from exploding or running from camp. I could disappear for months and you wouldn't even know where to look for me." She said coldly and she was sure to make it sound like she at least believed every single word she said.

When she was done talking she walked up to the dummy, once again tempted to break her hand on it as an excuse to leave. She made a fist and stared intently at the dummy. Elijah was the sibling of unconfined fury, fighting his way to freedom. His fights were mostly physical and involved breaking and bruising. Getting beaten and beating up. Lúthien herself was more like a politician. Her fights were built of words and careful placements of insults. Lies, threats and manipulation. Those were the weapons common in her fights. It wasn't that she was proud of it but she refused to beat herself up over it. It was simply the way she was. There wasn't much that could be done about it. She took a deep breath and once again her heart wasn't in it as she threw the punch. Although she didn't break her hand, she doubted it had really been effective. Even when she'd broken her hand on the face of her brother and he'd completely deserved that punch, her heart just wasn't in it. Lúthien didn't want to hit people and didn't get any satisfaction in seeing cuts, bruises or just red, agitated skin. Driving other people on the wall knowing that what she said just didn't sound bad enough to get punching. Seeing that her words provoked attacks against other people. Power in words rather than in acts. She knew she was weak when it came to a fistfight but her words were strong. Those mattered to her. "Comments?" She asked tiredly, not wanting to fight with her brother. This punching random things really was draining, as she felt far too silly doing it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Emmanual-Wheelan on Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:02 am

Apparently it was some super gift of Lúth's to be able to anger Elijah like no other as soon as she opened her mouth. The boy felt like he was losing his mind already and he had barely been in his sister's presence for five minutes. Shaking his head, Elijah narrowed his eyes at the girl. "Oh, I remember now," Elijah said blandly. "That was when I broke Calix's jaw, correct?" Elijah knew he was being more than a little antagonizing, but Lúth really just brought it out in him. "And then you broke your hand on my face...yeah, I definitely remember now," he snapped. With a deep breath, the boy tried to calm himself a little. Nothing was going to get done if he was acting like this. And really, despite the way he acted towards her most of the time, Elijah cared deeply for his sister. Above all, he wished the two of them could have a more...normal sibling relationship. Or at least a more functional one. Presently, the two spent a lot more time squabbling and trying to best each other with insults that be siblings. And as much as Elijah liked having someone he could fight with like this that was basically on the same level he was, he would prefer a confidant in his sister...someone he could talk to without feeling the need to insult them, or be insulted. Perhaps over time they could decrease the fighting and get closer. For now, this was their relationship, and Elijah knew he kind of just had to deal with that.

Rolling his eyes at his sister's snide remarks, Elijah snorted. "That's not what I meant...but go figure you would take it that way," he gave an exasperated sigh. "I was just saying that you're here complaining and frustrating me when we could be getting actual work done. And I like keeping a schedule, thank you. It makes life a little easier," Elijah crossed his arms over his chest. With the two of them radiating like they were, absolutely nothing was going to get done. No explosions or anything (which they had tried before), just a sort of silent battle. While they battled with words, too. This really couldn't end well. "You don't even know what you're saying, do you? Do you really think I would promise something and go out of my way to make sure I could do it for the hell of it? Believe it or not, this is something I genuinely want to help you with," the boy felt himself radiating more. Elijah had no idea why he let Lúth get to him so much...possibly because they were so much alike. Or maybe that was just how their interactions were right now. "If you don't want to do this, then by all means, leave. But it is something I promised to you, so I'm not going anywhere if you do want to continue."

When Lúth made it quite clear that, not only had she been up early that morning, she had been in the Principia, Elijah flushed slightly. It wasn't that he didn't know about his Latin sleep talking (his father and Jody had always teased him about it, and a few people had mentioned it when he was still living in the Third Cohort barrack), more the fact that his sister made it sound like some kind of crime. "Was that supposed to be some sort of insult?" the boy chided. "I am well aware of my sleep habits. So you were up early...what do you want, a medal?" Elijah rolled his eyes. He didn't know why he thought he could deal with this. Too much time together was bad for him and Lúth. Any amount of time together could be dangerous, quite frankly. Sometimes it was nice, and things could really go alright, but sometimes they were like a ticking time bomb. And ticking pretty quickly. It made sense with who their mother was, in some ways, anyway. Kristaria and Galen got along pretty well, as far as Elijah knew. But neither of them were quite as prone to violence as Elijah or just plain cranky like Lúth always seemed to be. Maybe Elijah and his sister just took the whole chaotic thing too far...just by their nature. The boy supposed it could be any number of things, really. "I might not," Elijah said softly, suddenly serious. "But that doesn't mean I don't care. Because I do, believe it or not," he snapped. "And if anything were to happen to you, I'd..."

Elijah trailed off, mainly because he had no idea what he'd do. The boy would definitely be upset...worried...scared...everything he didn't especially want to reveal to his sister. Lúth would probably laugh it off or get angrier, thinking he was just joking around. So Elijah didn't say anything, just silently steamed, watching his sister. Did she really think he didn't care? Watching her punch the dummy, Elijah sighed softly. He knew this was a lost cause, not by any fault of his or Lúth's, more because his sister just wasn't a physical fighter. The two were very different that way...the son of Discordia was very physical. It was mostly how he showed his emotions. His sister used her words, and as good as Elijah was with his fists, as was Lúth with her words. If you weren't used to them or not expecting them, they could cut like a knife. At this point, Elijah was all but immune to most things Lúth had to say. Circling her slowly as she punched the dummy, the boy bit his lip thoughtfully, trying to figure out the best way to say what he needed to say. "Lúth," he said softly. "Maybe you're just not built for fighting like this. There's so much that's pretty off, I'm not even sure where I would start..." Elijah wasn't trying to be mean or anything, but he knew it would probably be interpreted that way. "I could help...but maybe you should just stick to what you do best," with a smile, the boy shrugged. "You're pretty lethal anyway. I don't think you have much of a need for punching."

Characters:
Elijah speaks in #78c7c7
Elijah Emmanual-Wheelan
Admin
Third Cohort
Praetor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:02 pm

There weren't many thing that managed to irritate Lúthien. There were even less that managed to make her angry. Elijah had to mention the one thing that sparked that sense of justice into the Austrian girl. Calix. Elijah had to remind her of the day he'd broken the jaw of her boyfriend. That alone was enough to send some sparks of radiation up her spine, increasing the output she generated herself. She gave her brother a sugary sweet smile though. "I thought you'd be the type to remember how you ruined an otherwise perfect birthday." She said sweetly. Only to get on his nerves, to make sure that he realised just how much of a bitch she could really be. Anger didn't make Lúthien a better or more pleasant person, even though it could make her attitude as sweet as sugar. Disgustingly sweet at times. She was sure Elijah would notice her perfectly cheerful mood, or rather the lack of it. Lúthien was not amused by the reminder of what he'd done to Calix. Now her boyfriend could hardly been seen punching his fellow Praetor in the face but that didn't mean Lúthien had to let him get away with it. She could punch Elijah in face if she wanted (although it was no use) or just bother the hell out of him, mainly because she simply could. It was cruel perhaps but she'd noticed that Elijah didn't feel her bite like most others did. He was starting to grow immune and that irritated Lúthien even more.

"Schedules making life easier? What's with you guys and denying your inner chaos? You, Galen, Kris, all the same. Schedules and order." Lúthien said disapprovingly. Did her brother honestly think that chaos could be denied. Lúthien didn't even bother to try, chaos was something she could handle. Schedules just gave her a headache and frustrated her, hence the reason she gave them up in less than a week. Somehow it always irritated Lúthien more when her brother genuinely tried to do something nice. She wasn't being nice to him most of the time and she was not in the mood to become too close to him. All that would end up causing was hurt, something the girl was a little too familiar with. Pain was a normal thing in her past and now she was done with it. She knew she was being a horrible person half the day but she only did it because she didn't feel like getting close to people again. Lúthien was ruined in the way that she preferred not to have friends only to avoid the potential of getting hurt. She hadn't kept anybody close, not even her adoptive parents. Even they had been locked out, although they knew her well enough to know that it didn't mean she didn't care. It just meant that she needed her space to breathe. Love would smother her if fear didn't her. It would be the end of her if she didn't watch out. No emotions, no friends, no pain, no problems. Or rather, no problems of being hurt emotionally by losing them somehow.

So she didn't leave or comment on that, not even with something as childish as an eye roll. With Lúthien, silence or music always said more about her being touched by words or actions than a smart reply. If she found nothing nasty, insulting or hurtful to say, she was touched and might even regret any hurt she'd cause, although she could lock that hurt out easier than any other emotion. It was a habit by now. When he talked about his sleeping habits Lúthien laughed a cruel little laugh. "Trust me, there's nothing wrong with speaking Latin in your sleep. As for medals for being up early, try something else. I could show you what I was up to." She said, her tone actually a lot more pleasant than her laugh. She still felt that twisting sense inside her, the desire to be snide and cut him open to make him bleed. She'd probably be laughing as she was most angry with him. She gave him an opening for curiosity, to show he cared. He didn't care and insulted her attempt to invite him into her life. BIG mistake. Now Lúthien was truly angered and that usually led to very unpleasant situations.

When he said he cared Lúthien felt a scornful look cross her mind. It didn't show on her face, which had gone blank. "If anything were to happen to me, would you really be hurt? Don't you think that at least a small part of you would feel relief? Relief the stress is gone, relief you wouldn't be angered as often? Relieved, perhaps that you could finally find some rest yourself? You'd probably even remember me fondly, telling yourself you miss me and want me back. But would you really, truly be anything like lost without me?" She asked, her voice was cold but it held a certain persuasion. The promise of peace and rest. To wake up in the morning knowing you wouldn't be pushed over and over until it nearly broke you. Without Lúthien, Elijah was sure to have a calmer life, less chaotic and stressful. Lúthien was a horror to be around and if she'd disappear he wouldn't have to worry about her being a nuisance, he'd finally be able to grow into the leader he was supposed to be. He would become a great man, although he'd probably keep his temper issues. Still, without Lúthien he could get there faster, as he wouldn't be egged on constantly.

The constant punching on a training dummy didn't help to improve her mood or make her calmer so just before Elijah spoke up again, Lúthien closed her eyes and pulled the chaos back in again. She felt her chaos reflected back at her a thousand times over and it calmed her down a great deal. She understood it and it made her feel at peace. When her eyes opened again a darkness had fallen over her once again, she'd closed her heart completely. It faded out the anger and brought a dark sense of peace. A small smile formed on the face of the daughter of Discordia. Everything about her screamed evil, even though she had no intent to kill. "I know. Still, I think I'm tempted to learn under one condition." She said and walked over to the little bag she'd been carrying around. She silently retrieved her flute and clutched it to her chest for a moment, her back turned to Elijah. A sense of calm that only the flute and Calix brought her washed over and the wicked smile turned into a small one of distant joy. "Close your eyes and listen. Not with ears, but with your heart." She said softly and then after a moment, turned to face her brother to see if he closed his eyes. If he had, she would play for him for the first time. If he had, she'd show him what she'd been doing that morning, what she didn't show unless she deemed the people worthy. She'd let him hear the thing that had allowed her to open her heart to Calix and what had ultimately changed her. She wasn't sure if she'd been changed for the better. But because she knew him, she had been changed for good. Now Elijah could also do that, allow a change to happen for them, all he had to do was close his eyes and listen.

((Muse decided this was the moment that Lúthien can possibly become close to Elijah..... Muse is quite evil at times))

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Emmanual-Wheelan on Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:08 pm

Really, Elijah was no stranger to pushing boundaries, irritating and frustrating people. Looking back, he figured it was just one of those Discordia things, especially because it usually ended with a fight (or something along those lines. Mainly it was just Elijah beating the crap out of someone while they attempted to get the occasional hit in). At any rate, it was all a tad bit different with Lúth...as his sister and all, she didn't fall for the same tricks. Although there were definitely some points Elijah knew to hit with her that would set her off. And it was pretty horrible, but sometimes the boy didn't mind getting a rise out of Lúth. What with how controlled she usually was and stuff. Sometimes that really got to the boy...those times when he wished he could be a little more controlled too. Rolling his eyes at his sister's sugary smile and sweet words, Elijah shook his head. "Of course I'm the type. You should know by now, Lúth...I just love ruining things. Anything possible. And I guess it doesn't matter that Calix has forgiven me...would it help if I broke your jaw too? What's the next big occasion I can ruin?" he chided. As this went on and on, Elijah was growing more and more weary of it all. At this point, he was ready to walk away, not deal with his sister at the moment. He felt like, sometimes, just as much as he annoyed Lúth, his sister annoyed him just as much. Maybe even more at times like this.

"Who said anything about denying inner chaos?" Elijah snapped. "Gods, Lúth...did you even think that maybe schedules simply make life a little more manageable? Maybe if I didn't have things to get done, or a camp to help lead, or maybe if I didn't want to beat up half the people I interact with every day, I wouldn't keep a schedule either," narrowing his eyes at his sister, Elijah snorted. "You don't know what it's like in my head, okay? So just...stop," crossing his arms over his chest, the boy shook his head. Elijah had been fine earlier. Whoever's brilliant idea it had been to even let the two siblings near each other was probably in need of a reality shock. Just as Elijah was physically volatile, so Lúth was verbally. The two would probably be a perfect, unstoppable team, if they could tolerate each other for more than a few seconds. Maybe if they just didn't speak to each other...communicated by writing or something. Of course, it was pretty doubtful that even that would work. In so many ways, it absolutely broke Elijah's heart. Although he wasn't usually on the best behavior himself, Lúth rarely was as well. Not to mention the fact that she kept the boy at arms length most of the time (there had been a few times when she let Elijah in...which were mainly the times that she revealed something that made Elijah suspicious as to why he would be kept at arms length to begin with). Truly, the son of Discordia felt everything was so precariously balanced that anything could tip the scales at any moment.

There were moments, though, that just made Elijah take a mental step back. Where he had to truly take a moment and try to figure out what kind of moment had just passed. Lúth's moments of silence...when everything turned more thoughtful than hostile...even if it was just for a moment. Those didn't tend to last very long between Elijah and his sister. With all the words that passed between the two so quickly, moments of silence of any kind were few and far between. Sometimes Elijah felt like they both just wanted to be the loudest. And not necessarily in volume. "Yeah...I suppose it really isn't a problem, huh? I mean...Calix snores. Or maybe that's you," the boy snapped...he hated when Lúth laughed like that, it was another one of those shoves. But...if Elijah wasn't mistaken, his sister was making something of a...peace offering. Although the boy was much too uncertain of that to say anything, so he just glanced down at his feet. One of his shoelaces was untied, and something in the boy couldn't even bring himself to tie it. He'd have to remember to do that before he started walking again. Sometimes gravity truly got the best of Elijah.

With a deep breath, Elijah tried to keep calm at his sister's words. They were spiteful and taunting, but the boy knew Lúth meant them. All he had to do was not say anything stupid. For a moment, the boy really wasn't sure what to say. It took a little, but the words did slowly formulate. "You wonder if I know you," Elijah said softly. "But the way you talk...the things you say...you should probably take a moment to think about whether you know me as well as you think you do. If you really think I'd be relieved...all these things that you spit out at me...you don't know a damn thing, Lúth. Maybe you should take the time to actually get to know me," his voice was quiet and reserved, but Elijah knew how he tended to speak. Even when he tried to stay smooth and keep everything out of his voice, there were always the emotional undertones. The son of Discordia was just an emotional person. And although his main emotional state was 'angry', there were definitely times where there was so much more, and it all showed through just as much as his anger would. Kind of a mashup of Bipolar Disorder and IED. But truly, all chaos.

Elijah stared thoughtfully at Lúth for a moment. It was kind of funny...although they were related by, what one would assume, were pretty dominant genes, the two didn't look much alike. No one would ever think they were siblings at all. Well, unless someone took the time to get to know them. It often crossed his mind...the fact that Elijah had a lot more in common with his sister than would appear on the surface. Sure, they handled things differently, treated the people around them differently...completely different, really. Though maybe with a little deeper digging, there could be a lot more brought to light. Though Elijah supposed that was how most siblings were...maybe not to the extreme Elijah and Lúth were, but the same idea. "One condition?" he raised an eyebrow as he was brought from his thoughts. Staring at his sister, the boy tilted his head slightly at her odd request. And although many people wouldn't even begin to let themselves be put in a place like that, Elijah, oddly enough, trusted Lúth. Besides, what was life without a little risk...a little chaos? With a slight smile, the boy nodded at his sister. "My own condition...please try to understand that I am showing trust," and with a soft chuckle, Elijah's eyes slowly shut.

Characters:
Elijah speaks in #78c7c7
Elijah Emmanual-Wheelan
Admin
Third Cohort
Praetor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:41 pm

Lúthien heard the next little rant on how he could break her jaw too and ruin a lot more than just her birthday but she easily waved it off. Those words simply didn't have much effect. The future could always change so it wasn't even sure he'd be able to ruin things. If he wasn't around to ruin them, well, it wouldn't really be much use to proclaim ruin. There were so little things that truly managed to tick Lúthien off and more often than not, those things lost their bite when people kept nagging on them. There was one thing that always pushed Lúthien completely over the edge though, and that was people who honestly and genuinely trying to convince her that the Gods were good and that her mother hadn't abandoned her at all. That was usually the drop to make the very full bucket flow over. Lúthien didn't accept people to be positive about her mother, like most didn't allow negative comments on their mother. Well, it was something people really shouldn't try with her adoptive mother, as the woman who'd raised Lúthien was somebody Lúthien was very close to. Close enough to harm others if they decided to make comments. No, that woman was everything Lúthien wanted in a mother.

Despite the words that Elijah uttered in obvious frustration, Lúthien still thought that schedules were unnatural for children of chaos. "All those lovely reasons seem fair enough. I'm just happy I didn't get myself caged like you." She said casually. She wasn't expected to behave and could run around free. She could decide to leave tomorrow and things wouldn't go into complete disarray. Well, maybe they would but it wouldn't be because she'd stopped doing her job. One Legionnaire didn't carry the responsibility for keeping camp going. Elijah was a Praetor, which made him by far more important than she was. Still Lúthien realised that camp (probably without wanting it or being happy about it) partially started to depend on her presence at least. Calix needed her like she needed him. Leaving him would hurt with every single heartbeat and Lúthien knew she wouldn't get anything done without him.The same probably went for him so in order to have a functional Calix, she was required to stick around. Not that she minded, she loved him too much to feel caged around him.

"I might have an idea. After all, Discordia decided to give me a little crystal to fight it off. Feel free to take it, at least somebody would make use of it. I doubt the smelly socks have much chaos in their heads." Lúthien said, dryly referring to the socks she'd stuffed the claiming gift in. She didn't use it and kept it around for reasons she herself didn't even know. If Elijah had it, well, at least something good might come from it, right? Lúthien didn't accept things Discordia had given her, as she didn't even want to be associated with her. She chuckled when Elijah mentioned the snoring. "Calix snores." She said lovingly, not even caring if that was supposed to be an insult. Honestly, snoring really wasn't such a big deal. Besides, it was sort of adorable when Calix snored. It actually made Lúthien smile and got her in a more agreeable mood. She didn't want to tear Elijah to pieces with words anymore because Calix was cute when he snored. Logics just didn't get along with chaos children at times.

When Elijah started claiming Lúthien didn't really know him, she simply rolled her eyes. "Honestly Elijah, you make this too easy." She with a shake of her head. "If I didn't know you up to a certain extent, my words would be far less effective in putting you on edge. You'd shrug them off without a second thought. I know you're a kind and caring person with temper issues. Or you're just emotional. I don't pretend to understand what that feels like. We both know I tend to avoid emotional." She said softly, gently. She sighed and waited for Elijah to consent to her request. He did, and naturally asked her to live up to the trust he showed her. Lúthien cast her eyes down in sadness at that. He granted her trust but he was reserved in giving it. Even though it was probably her own fault, she wished it were different. She wouldn't actually hurt her brother physically and her words were only designed to push him away. It was what she always did with words, for there was only one thing that Lúthien used to let people in, music. So she set her flute to her lips without a word to her brother an started playing.

This particular piece was named 'Son of Chaos' and it was upbeat with so many different notes that complete chaos seemed to have taken over the flute at first. After a short while the music calmed down a notch, showing the intricate melodies that had been spun together to form the first piece. One by one they stopped by, the anger, the care, the defensive nature. Every aspect she'd seen of her brother, admired or not, passed by in the composition. The last piece was calm, gentle and peaceful though. From complete chaos to natural order. The last peace was a reflection of something else that Lúthien couldn't name. It was the calm just before the storm, the silent sense of peace and belonging mixed together, folded in one. The way he made her feel like this place was where she belonged and how he patiently kept trying to get close to her despite her every effort to push him away. Determination and power and a sense of calm that was alien to Lúthien. The song was simply the way Lúthien viewed her brother and she hoped he could hear at least a part of that in the music. It was the only way Lúthien could really express herself after all. The only way she wasn't tempted to use words against others. "Open you eyes." She whispered when she'd finished the piece, her walls lowered although it wasn't visible.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Emmanual-Wheelan on Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:19 pm

Although there were some things Elijah could certainly wave off (actually...that list was pretty small), it was so hard for the boy to tolerate his sister at times. Despite this, he would absolutely be the first to tell someone he really cared about Lúth. Actually, he'd probably be the only, as most people didn't really see their relationship as anything more than extraordinarily dysfunctional. If they even cared, honestly. A large majority of campers had probably seen some of the worse moments (not to mention Lúth's birthday with a sullen Elijah leading the small procession of an angered Lúth and obviously in pain from a broken jawed Calix). That had probably been quite a sight...and in all likeliness, an unforgettable one. But no matter what everyone else thought, Elijah did care. And in all honesty, he had always wanted a sibling. His sister's claiming had been a really great thing, before the Discordians realized they were both nuts and couldn't be near each other for too long without going at each other's throats. The son of Discordia would never give up hope, though, holding up hope for the day when he and Lúth could have a semi-normal relationship. Elijah spent a minute just staring at his sister. No one would ever suspect them to be related. Maybe something in their cheekbones? If anything, it was their facial expressions. The look they always had in their eyes. So different, yet somehow the same. It was the same look Elijah had seen in Discordia's eyes at his claiming, and at Lúth's.

Rolling his eyes, Elijah glared at his sister for a moment. At that point, he didn't even have the words to go into how she didn't understand him and never would (so thanks a bunch for trying, sis). "To be quite frank, Lúth, I wish someone would put you in a cage, already," Elijah snapped, far beyond trying to be pleasant at this point. "Or a jail cell. Either way, it would make my life to see you behind bars. Caged in," he snorted. It really wasn't right, a lot of the things the boy said to his sister (not that she did much better than he did...an eye for an eye, right?) Elijah just couldn't help it when Lúth started in like this. Feeling his radiating worsen, the boy took a deep breath and frowned deeply. Sometimes he hated how ridiculously complicated things were...there were times Elijah wished he could completely ignore his sister. Of course, some of the times like this that were worse were the times she came prancing into the Principia to see Calix. Always popping up right when Elijah didn't need it. The boy highly suspected their mother had a part to play in that...always stirring things up and making everything complicated (thanks, mom). The the boy supposed there was no getting around the fact that his and Lúth's mother was the Goddess of chaos and all that. And he supposed it kind of made sense that the two siblings wouldn't get along, partially because of this. That didn't stop Elijah from wishing he could have a better relationship with his sister. He had always wanted a sibling. The boy had no idea it would be like this.

Raising his eyebrow, Elijah said seriously, "I'll take it, Lúth. But I won't use it. I'll take it, and I'll save it for the day when you need it. That way you won't be trying to figure out which pair of socks you put it in, or where it might have disappeared to overnight. Because I have a feeling...someday...you'll want her gift," Elijah tried to stay away from the word 'mother'...he did know how Lúth felt about all that, and it was something he would try to respect. It was one of those things...the boy was so grateful knowing who his mother was and how it all made sense, but if someone brought up his father or Jody, he'd probably punch them in the face. His father and step-mother had been borderline abusive his entire life, and honestly, the boy wanted nothing to do with them. If they knew a lot of things Elijah had always kept hidden from them, he'd be kicked to the curb in no time. So many things...If you ever hit someone again, I'm sending you to boot camp...If you ever tell me you're gay, I won't even let you pack your bags, you're out of the house and out of my life...all these things...sure, Discordia wasn't in his life, how could a Goddess be, after all? But Elijah preferred it this way. And really, anything was better than being back in Bridgewater. "Of course Calix snores," the boy rolled his eyes. "I'm sure you think it's absolutely adorable, but I have severe insomnia to begin with. Perhaps if I break his jaw again, he won't be able to snore," Elijah mused tauntingly.

"Of course I'm emotional," Elijah snorted. "I'd never deny it. But it's better than holding it all in...avoiding it to the point where people could easily mistake you for a robot," the boy mocked. "You've truly managed to scrape the surface, Lúth. I highly doubt you could go any deeper than that," Elijah said softly. He took a deep breath as he closed his eyes, waiting for whatever his sister was about to do. Trusting, but as he noticed his fists were crawling in, not trusting at all. As the flute music began, Elijah was shocked and nearly opened his eyes. But he had told Lúth they would be shut, and he wasn't going to be contrary. The boy knew about his sister's flute, he had seen it...never heard it though. And this tune completely surprised the boy. It made so much sense...except maybe the end. The calm, gentle way the song panned out. All of it was quite clear, though. Lúth was playing Elijah a piece about...himself. Eyes still shut, the boy's hands relaxed and he felt his eyes watering slightly. This was Lúth being Lúth...who she was when she let her walls down, even for a moment. When he was instructed to open his eyes, Elijah took a moment to just watch his sister. Watch...really look at her. Completely unsure of what to say, the boy slowly approached Lúth carefully before pulling her into a tight hug. His sister was quite a bit taller than him (no surprise there) but for a moment, Elijah felt safer. Comfier...he wasn't even sure of words, honestly. "No matter what," he whispered to her, "You will always be my big sister. Lúthien..." with a sigh, the boy let go of his sister, and, not wanting to deal with the aftermath of what he had just done, turned his back and walked slowly but steadily up the path to the arena, praying in a way that the next time he saw Lúth, things really might be different.

Characters:
Elijah speaks in #78c7c7
Elijah Emmanual-Wheelan
Admin
Third Cohort
Praetor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:04 am

Lúthien smiled an evil little smile when Elijah expressed his desire to put her in a cage. It was quite amusing as ever, to see her brother try and try again. A cage was something that Lúthien feared, yes, but this wasn't a physical cage. Or at least, not at first. In the end she did fear one, to be locked behind bars until use and old age accept them and all chance of valour has gone beyond recall or desire. Lúthien remembered a character in a film once saying that and it sort of stuck with her, as she herself was so similar to that. Well, apart from one little detail, valour. Lúthien more desired revenge and replaced that for valour. It was a strong drive and as long as her spirit was free, she didn't think any cage could truly lock her up. Her mental freedom was strong and as long as she kept who she was, she wouldn't be broken, or so she believed. "I doubt it will be as satisfying as you think." She said with a small smirk. Lúthien could still taunt and hurt from behind bars. Words couldn't be stopped by something as simple as bars. Lúthien wasn't that easily contained if she truly wanted to hurt. All she had to do was draw the person in and say a few words that would cut like knives. Losing her voice would probably be more effective in reducing the damage she could do. It was her way with words that made the girl a pain and a dangerous person.

When Lúthien heard her brothers thoughts on her losing the bloody thing she actually laughed. "I've tried losing the bloody thing, it keeps coming back. And finding it is easy, I just find the most smelly pair of socks I have and it's in there. I'd be surprised if it didn't start smelling like sweaty socks yet." She said and was generally happy for a moment. Saying silly things like that was just perfection at times. Obvious display of extreme hatred being outed in silly and childish things. One day she'd do something the opposite of childish. One day she'd at least attempt the murder of her mother. Bring her down at watch her bleed if she could. Yes, Lúthien was frozen to the core where her mother was concerned but on other points, she didn't really feel too bad. Discordia must have had some feelings for Amroth, but never enough to get him out of enough troubles so he could raise his own child. Not enough to make sure Lúthien could have some sort of family with Amroth. Lúthien was lost in that thought soon, staring out in front of her as she thought of her birth father. Amroth Anárion, she'd found him a while ago with a lot of research and letters. Turned out he'd died, drowned. The stupid man had given Lúthien away to the adopting agency, at first to keep her safe for a while. If he didn't return within six months, she was to be put up for adoption. He'd gone on some ship and for reasons unknown the ship had sunk and he'd drowned. Not quite like in the song, the lay of Nimrodel. Still, the agency had heard about his death and Lúthien had been adopted into a loving family. The end.

But it wasn't really the end for Lúthien had discovered she was a demigod. Her mother hadn't saved her father, her mother hadn't saved her. Everything had come to ruin because of her mother and now Lúthien was waiting for the time things would go bad between her and Elijah, or rather, worse than they already were. She couldn't let him in, not after what had happened to Damon. Not after all those years of living with that pain of losing a guy who had been like an older brother to her. She knew Elijah was strong and wouldn't depend on her but he was looking for a sibling, he was looking for his older sister. He was looking to connect to her and Lúthien just felt a sense of dread at the idea. Not just the idea of losing him, the idea of him losing her if she should let him in. She didn't even hear his comment on the snores due to being so completely lost in thought and fear of the past and future hurt people had endured or would endure in situations. All in all her head was a complete mess, something that didn't happen extremely often. She usually kept her thoughts together well enough. Yes, they were chaotic but nothing that Lúthien wasn't familiar with. Nothing that Lúthien didn't feel comfortable with. Lúthien embraced the chaos within her and let it out on others, such was her nature. Such was the danger.

She didn't pay attention to Elijah, not even while playing. Enough was enough after all and Lúthien was in a near trance as she played. At first with her eyes open before they slowly drooped shut and the girl wandered into the world where her songs guided her. Ever so gently she entered the world of melody's and music. She let the music lead her on a trip down memory lane, taking every aspect of Elijah into it's being. The day he'd punched Calix always stood out for some reason although she still wasn't sure how she felt about that. Angry? Frustrated? He'd meddled but he had just been trying to protect her, much like Calix did when Galen had almost chopped her to pieces. Much like Galen probably did by making sure she didn't die that day. Everybody seemed to have desires to protect her for some unknown reasons but Elijah was different. He didn't only try to protect her from the world, he tried to save her from herself. Why couldn't he just accept she was a lost case? She was lost, ruined and he had Bonnie. Wasn't it better to be the brother to her while she needed it rather than attempting to gain such a bond with somebody who was obviously lost before life had started? But when her song was done he walked up to her and hugged her and by some instinct, Lúthien hugged him back. She was (for once) being the big sister at heart, although she'd never admit it. For once, and only once, Lúthien allowed herself to be the big sister.

As Elijah walked away from the possible consequences that hug might have had, Lúthien looked at him, her expression as cold as ever and her heart once again locked away. She'd always be his big sister. With eyes on the retreating brother Lúthien spoke softly. "And maybe one day I'll be the sister you need. But not today, because you're not ready to lose me just yet." She said, stating a truth about herself that she'd always known but never admitted. Being a sibling wasn't something she was ready to feel. To her, being a sibling meant you had to be ready to lose that person, for they could die on you at any given moment. It was all she knew from past experiences. To her, keeping him away was just a matter of proper self defence.

((Writing her is harder now that she's officially dead, does that make any sense?))

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top