Where's the Suggestion Thread?!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Where's the Suggestion Thread?!

Post by Guest on Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:05 am

what your saying sort of makes sense this place is better like this cuz if there was 3D a lot of fun woyld be taken out of Rping but it wouldnt be bad if we could show each other hpw our charachters look instead of discribing but as you said that would take awya most of the imagination like in the percy jackson books before the movies we had to imagine what the charachters look like according to Ricks description.(if anyone has noticed in the percy jackson movies annabeth has brown hair while in the books she has blonde hair.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:26 am

I don't completely disagree with your idea, Zayne, but I do think that 'showing' our characters oppose to describing them is going to both take longer and may create spam. Personally I believe that since this site isn't technically made for 3D, it might be confusing to newer members and an unessecary adjustment to other's, which could create a mess. I also agree with Thomas that it might just become some big video game or comic book, although I am going to say that, if the idea is carried out orderly and properly, it could be pretty... Well, awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:05 am

So I have this suggestion that just popped into my brain. I guess it wanted to pay me a visit but I figured I'd throw it out there.....

Now some of you might have had the same problem as me once upon a time. Having a ton of siggies you love and having to scout like, half the graphics threads to find a shop that was open to do an animation for you. So here's my suggestion.

We set up a shop for animations only!

In that shop we can have a few forms (as some artists do transitions and others don't) for animation of siggies. If several artists are willing to help people who want an animation in that shop, people wouldn't have to look around for ages to find an open shop. I personally think it would be a good idea if enough artists are willing to help.

So yeah, thoughts on that? I'd be willing to help around on that shop Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:58 pm

That's a good idea. I might help as well!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:06 pm

But don't they already have a shop like that? Like different shops already do animation?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:04 am

Yes, different shops do animations but I was thinking we could open one shop that does animations only because now, you have to look around which shops do animation and if they are open. If you just have one place where you can request animations it'll save you a lot of searching trouble.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:16 am

But doesn't everyone do their animations differently?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:39 pm

does anyone want to have battle royal it consist of 4-6 people

or mabye we could have a camp dance or something that would be nice

i may just be over imagening.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:42 pm

It would be good if we could have our real names underneath our characters name in italics or under Unclaimed Demigod/Son Of/Daughter Of so when were talking out of character, we can use our names as sometimes, I feel weird using character names when Im talking to them personally, haha.

And it could be optional too so in your settings, you can 'show' your name. Even if its just your first name, or nickname, something else to be called other than your characters name?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:16 am

Hey so I dunno if this was ever brought up, but what about a chatbox?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:20 am

I like that idea. We have chatboxes on other sites that I rp on, although it has way less people then here. If we want one it needs to be a big one with separate rooms I guess, to minimize spamming.

Back to top Go down

Post by Olivia Serenity Steele on Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:12 pm

So, I've seen many people stating that they always lose their posts. So, maybe we should have an auto-save function? Where you type something in, refresh, and it stays in the box? What do you guys think?

Olivia Serenity Steele
Daughter of Apollo
Cabin Leader

Female Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2014-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarpedon Illicon on Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:34 am

I admit, that would be nice. I've list my fair share of posts. (way too often for a regular ^^) It's why I've taken to copying my progress every few sentences now. Pretty much any time I finish a thought, I copy. I don't know how the coding for a site like this works, but it would probably be really tough to implement.
Sarpedon Illicon
Legacy of Mars Gratis
First Cohort

Male Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2014-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Emilia Song-Caro on Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:26 pm

Hi, I've got a few suggestions and I thought I'd share them here. I know some of these might be difficult to pull off given how we're all busy people IRL, but I thought I'd share these anyway:

• A Half-Blood Hill Tumblr and Twitter account. The Tumblr account can provide a glimpse into what goes on at HBH (like, it has character posts, open/requested characters, current plots/interactions, random fun facts about mythology etc, HBH history posts like the Tripartite thing). The Twitter account can be the gossip account, wherein the handler can post things about demigods caught flirting in the woods, or a rivalry starting between a Greek camper and a Roman camper. Pros: it could serve as HBH publicity (I've found forums because of Tumblr and Twitter), plus it's something fun for the HBH RPers to write for. Cons: It'll need extra managing, and someone (or maybe a couple of people) has to be dedicated enough to run the Tumblr blog.
  • Dice roll system (I think some forums have these?): I think it'd be cool if the monster threads had a dice roll system just so we the actual odds of how a fight can play out. This can be an optional thing if ever, because I know there are RPers who prefer not to leave their plots/stories to chance.
  • Contests outside of the Hillywood awards. Ex. this could be a Holiday thing, like, which siblings had the best Christmas Eve thread? Or which couple had the most unique/romantic Valentines date? Pros: Good for member activity, cons: uh what do we award the winners aside from banners
  • Non-battle big events. Maybe a dance, like Yule Ball? A collaboration of some sort between the Greeks and the Romans? Basically events wherein a lot of people can participate and drama can unfold in epic ways

Okay so, so far those are all I have right now. Very Happy
Emilia Song-Caro
Legacy of Neptune Sensitivi
First Cohort

Female Number of posts : 647
Registration date : 2015-12-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Robyn Walsh on Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:11 pm

Those are awesome suggestions! Would you mind explaining the Dice roll system a little more in detail though? I'm not sure I really understand it.
Robyn Walsh
Daughter of Aphrodite
Cabin Leader

Female Number of posts : 566
Registration date : 2015-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Emilia Song-Caro on Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:57 pm

Oh, for the dice roll system, it kinda goes like this:

For normal D&D roleplaying, both players and monsters/enemies have stats which determine the outcome of their attacks. For instance, a monster with 4 strength who rolls a 5 on a D10 (die with 10 sides) will have a total attack strength of 9, so if a successful attack requires getting a total attack strength of 7 or 8, then the monster will be able to successfully attack a player.

Now, if a player rolls a 9 on a D10, then the player is able to block or parry the attack. Making a stat sheet is kind of complicated and time-consuming, though, so I think rolling a D10 would be enough to see whose attack is successful. Since we only have one monster account (and we can't have Carver Dallas attacking all of us), the RPer being attacked by the monster would have to roll the D10 twice—the first one is to see how successful the monster's attack is, and the second is to see if the player's block/parry/attack is successful.

Ex. Gabby's fighting a hellhound in the woods. Since my roll for the hellhound is 7 and Gabby's roll is 5, I'll have to write a scenario in which the hellhound was able to successfully bite Gabby. You can base the strength of the attack on the roll, so a 7/10 would mean that the hellhound was able to knock Gabby to the ground and injure her.

I hope that made sense. ^^ I know it's a complicated system and might not be completely effective, but it could make monster threads even more exciting. This system might work best, though, if there are more people willing to RP as monsters. If not for monster fighting, the dice roll system can also be used for sparring threads, although for that thread you and your partner can agree on basic stats (dexterity/agility and strength) at least so that a weak fighter doesn't end up beating a strong swordsman just because of chance.
Emilia Song-Caro
Legacy of Neptune Sensitivi
First Cohort

Female Number of posts : 647
Registration date : 2015-12-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:43 pm

Hey! Butting in here.

I really like the concept of a check on an individual character's power, as some more inexperienced roleplayers have tendencies to go a little over their bounds. The dice is a good idea, but I don't know if it'd be the best for every fight, considering it'd get tedious. Maybe it could be used for beginners, or used in test threads for people who want it, just to see it's effectiveness? One of it's best qualities, however, in my opinion is, uh... Well, I dunno the words for it. I never really got into RPG's. But, it's kind of what Gabrielle just mentioned about the monster having a base attack of 4. Each demigod, based on their physical abilities, gets a base stat in each category. I dunno what we'd use, but I like using Fallout's S.P.E.C.I.A.L - Strength, Perception, Endurance, Charisma, Intelligence, Agility, Luck. It's imperfect for a site where Endurance probably won't come up a lot, but it'd be a good base. And with each thread in a specific area, or just saying a character is training a certain skill, they'd improve. It'd allow for older characters, and more experienced RP'rs to customize their characters stats, and improve on them, while keeping young characters and newer RP'rs to the site from godmodding. I apologize if none of that makes sense, I got like 4 hours of sleep and I'm exhausted, yet somehow still procrastinating homework.

I also LOVE the thought of a non-battle sitewide event, especially a dance of some kind. I personally have some issues with muse, and I think dances, and especially the drama that flows from them helps keep everyone involved.

Finally, more than one contest on the site would mean wonders for more activity, IMO, and it lets people get creative with awards, who deserves what and why, etc.

Sorry 'bout bumpin in here, and the fact that these thoughts are fragmented at best. Feel free to ignore any bits that don't make sense!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Kindall on Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:50 pm

A non-battle themed site wide plot sounds cool.
But instead of a dance we should do a play to unite the Greeks and Romans. Sorta like that Hail, Caesar movie.
Tyler Kindall
Son of Eros

Male Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2015-10-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top